Sutton Grammar waiting list 2008

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
poppy

Sutton Grammar waiting list 2008

Post by poppy »

Is anybody on the waiting list for Sutton Grammar? Do you know what the chances are of being offered a place??
surreymum

Post by surreymum »

It rather depends where you are on the list. I think the admissions registrar is usually very helpful about where you are and your chances. The deadline for acceptance is not till Wednesday, but I am sure there will be some movement then. I know quite a few boys who are turning down their places. Good luck
poppy

Post by poppy »

Thanks. We are No. 11. How many boys do you know who will not be taking up their places??
surreymum

Post by surreymum »

I would have thought your chances are very good at 11. In my eldest son's year number 15 on the waiting list got in easily, but it was 3 years ago and I think there were double offers still that year for Sutton and Tiffins. I know 4 who have said they are not taking their places and possibly one other, although I know at least one of them have struggled with the decision between Sutton and an independent and may not actually decline the place for a little while as they have nothing to lose. Not at all fair, but the place will become available in the end. People are still playing their cards close to their chest.
poppy

Post by poppy »

Thank you. We will just have to be patient, not easy...
xe

Post by xe »

One of my friends got the offer from Sutton boys, but she has already accepted the offer from Whitgift with a scholarship.
poppy

Post by poppy »

thank you xe - 1 down 10 to go ...
melinda

Post by melinda »

I know of a few at my primary who are on the list, one boy is at number 1 so I assume he will get in easily. Will let you all know if I hear anything.
poppy

Post by poppy »

Lucky boy. Thank you - will let you know if I have any news.
surreymother2

Post by surreymother2 »

My son gave up his place- (he's going to Wilson's) and I know of 2 others from his school who are also giving up their places. So that's 3 down.
Good luck!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now