jimmy

11+ "pass score" wirral

Post by jimmy »

any idea of good score using what practice paper
Wish Upon A Star

wirral pass

Post by Wish Upon A Star »

Hi Jimmy,

Depending on your childs age....I think a mark of perhaps 75-80% should get your child into a local Grammar. I have never been told an official percentage pass mark as they use standardised score system for fairness.

NFER papers Verbal Reasoning, Multiple Choice are the best to use.

Good luck.

Wish Upon A Star.
jimmy

Post by jimmy »

thank you
Wish Upon A Star

Boy or Girl?

Post by Wish Upon A Star »

No problem Jimmy.

Is your child a boy or a girl? Hopefully, this is an Urban Myth & School gate 'Tittle-Tattle', but apparently in Wirral, it will be a bit tougher this year for our sons to be allocated a Grammar School place due to a slight increase in male births in 1994/95! Nonsense as this sounds, a Grammar can only allocate up to its max.

We are very fortunate however in Wirral to have a good selection of excellent Grammars available and even the 'All Abilities' improve each year. Ofcourse there is always the Private Edcuation option available at two thousand pounds a Term! :shock:

Once again, Good Luck to your child.

Regards,
Wish Upon A Star.

Post by Guest »

Ah! I have been searching on line for what is a "pass mark"

My daughter is taking the 11 plus and the Upton hall exam, and has never encountered a VR paper.
She achieved level 5 in all her SATS in year 5, but i am worried she may flounder in the VR exam.
She did a practise last week and ran out of time, resulting in a 72% score (100 questions) She struggled on a couple she did answer.

She has just done another one tonight which goes in for marking tomorrow. She was only 3 questions out of time and her answers looked pretty good. Fingers crossed.

Thing is though, it comes down to THE paper doesn't it?

I think it is all wrong personally. I'll bet if my daughter fails there will be people with worse SATS results at these grammar schools
Robyn

Not a true measure

Post by Robyn »

Hi,

My son is Dyslexic and is due to sit his 11+ this month, his IQ is 139, his non verbal score is 134 out of 135 - taken at school but struggles with the time factor in verbal reasoning - scoring 66% .Wirral LEA refuses him extra time so I wonder if this exam is a true reflection of a childs ability!
What do other parents think?
Peppy

11+ pass mark

Post by Peppy »

Probably nobody reading this any more apart from us saddos who were not quite so fortunate as to win the appeal. In case anyone is still out there - what exactly is a "borderline" score. Our son was 4 points short on the tests but everything else seemed favourable - achievement in music, predicted SATs etc. Can't for the life of me understand what went wrong. Anyhow - Birkenhead School here we come (complete with re-mortgage).
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now