MAPLESTONE NOAKES

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Headache

MAPLESTONE NOAKES

Post by Headache »

A good friend of mine has a dilema - her daughter missed both the medway test and kent days by approx 10 points each. Her third choice school was Maplestone Noakes which she would have been very happy with. Unfortunately she has not been offered any of the schools on her form (2 Grammars - 1 comp) but she was hoping for Maplestone Noakes. She has been offered a completely different school that she doesn't wish to take. Does any one if appeals for this school are sucessful. She is very sad!!
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

What is the oversubscription criteria? Distance? How far away is she? Is it a reasonable distance or not? Also, have children from her school in the past got into this school?
These are the questions I would ask, and go from there. :)
Headache

Post by Headache »

Thanks Medwaymum I will pass this on to her. I think the school she has been offered is roughly the same distance away from her as the school she wanted. :)
kentmum

Post by kentmum »

Maplestone Noakes is one of the most popular schools in the Maidstone area and is always over subscribed so distance from school is always a big factor. I know of people living in Maidstone who fail to get a place because of distance, I'm assuming you live near the Kent/Medway boarder hence sitting both tests? Sorry, but no harm in going on their waiting list