Appeal - B/Ham Sutton Girls Grammar - help first timer

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
megs mum

Appeal - B/Ham Sutton Girls Grammar - help first timer

Post by megs mum »

11+ exam Sutton Girls Exam.

Help - first time 11+ mum and only child. who needs help on how to appeal ..Megs mum

Moderator Note - Edited title to include LEA and School name for future ref as per Appeals section guidelines
Last edited by megs mum on Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KenR

Post by KenR »

Hi Megs mum

Suggest you read through some of the sticky posts first:-

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... php?t=4972

I'm afriad to say that even if your daughter had scored 318 and was on the waiting list there would be little chance of getting a place. Sutton Coldfield Girls made offers to 165 girls, 15 over their PAN and I am aware of at least 6 girls who scored 321 who have not been offered places (due to distance from the school). They have been told there is little chnace of getting a place via the waiting list as the vast majority of offers are accepted.

So if you Appeal it will have to be on the basis that you you have clear evidence of your child's ability from her performance at primary school and that she clearly grossly underperformed on the day of the exam for whatever reason. You would also need to get the fully support of the primary Head in this assessment.

Suggest you read through the posting and in the first instance talk to your primary school head to gauge his/her view.

Regards

Ken
megs mum

appeal - help first timer

Post by megs mum »

Thankyou -advice appreciated and welcome.

Primary school will confirm predicted grades and past high performance and overall ability. They were surprised at her marks and are willing to confirm that she is normally in top percentile of year group.

I have the forms so I better start writing..thankyou.. meg's mum
lottie

Post by lottie »

Hi Megs Mom

Just to confirm what Ken R said - don't appeal to get on the list, appeal for a place.

Our daughter scored 321 and when we got the letter we thought she'd got a place - Alas she didn't as lots of girls scored 321 and because she lives furthest away she was put on the waiting list, and is still on there!

I spoke to Birmingham Admissions and as Ken R says they have already offerred 15 places over, so in order for the waiting list to be touched - 15 girls have to decline.

I suggest that you forget the waiting list (it's no longer relevant to you), but concentrate on appealing. Etienne has compiled a really good appeals guide, well worth reading. Don't forget the deadline is either the 20th or 21st March.

I totally know how your feeling and hope that your daughter has a nice Comp as an alternative.

Good Luck - fingers crossed.

Lottie
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now