English Nfer papers, why cant I find them ????

11 Plus English - Preparation and Information

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
essexstardust

English Nfer papers, why cant I find them ????

Post by essexstardust »

Hi, i am trying to get hold of the English Nfer standard papers, do they excist as I have tried loads of online places and shops but Cant find them anywhere, if they only do them in variety packs any idea which variety pack I need, sorry am new to this!!! :roll:
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Certainly the multi-choice English papers exist as a pack of four. I got mine from a bookshop and I'm sure I've seen standard ones too. It says on the back of the multi-choice pack I have here that Nfer offers practice tests in Maths, English, NVR and VR in both multiple-choice and standard format.

Have you tried ordering them from a bookshop or that well-known high-street newsagents/bookshop/stationers whose name I'm probably not allowed to mention?
essexstardust

Post by essexstardust »

Thanks for the reply,Yes i have tried them as well as other online places, its really strange as I just cant find them anywhere, i will keep trying!!! :roll:
loulou

Post by loulou »

anks for the reply,Yes i have tried them as well as other online places, its really strange as I just cant find them anywhere, i will keep trying!!!
If you go to the website of the well known high street bookstore (the one who's friends with jones!) and do an advanced search under the books section you will find they have them in stock. Type in the ISBN number ( 0708703895) and then search.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

you can get them from this site!!!

click on the blue "book shop" tab at the top of this page, then click on nfer nelson.

You can get them at a discount too

:D
essexstardust

Post by essexstardust »

loulou wrote:
anks for the reply,Yes i have tried them as well as other online places, its really strange as I just cant find them anywhere, i will keep trying!!!
If you go to the website of the well known high street bookstore (the one who's friends with jones!) and do an advanced search under the books section you will find they have them in stock. Type in the ISBN number ( 0708703895) and then search.
Thanks very much for your reply, I put that Isbn in on the site in question but it is for Multiple choice and i need standard, but I am starting to wonder if they are available. Would it make much difference if we practiced with Multiple choice ??
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

you can get standard as well as multiple choice from this site. It would be better to use the format that will be in teh actual test
essexstardust

Post by essexstardust »

yoyo123 wrote:you can get standard as well as multiple choice from this site. It would be better to use the format that will be in teh actual test
Thanks yoyo123 I will look into getting them from this site now!!
loulou

Post by loulou »

essexstardust.

Did you have any luck with the standard english? The more I think about it the more I wonder if they exist. I noticed that the standard variety packs on this website do not contain an english paper.

Variety Packs take one paper from each discipline e.g. 1 English, 1 Maths, 1 VR and 1 NVR selected from the same 16. Standard Variety Packs contain just 3 papers: I Maths, 1 VR and 1 NVR.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi essexstardust

I don't think that NFERnelson publish a set of English Standard Format papers.

It would be worth looking at the Standard Format variety packs where there may be a single paper, but check whether they contain an English paper first.

NFERnelson are curerently undergoing another re-branding under the name GL Assessment and there is no listing for English Standard Format on their new website.

It is possible that they were available when NFERnelson launched their publications in 1996/97 and you may be able to find them through Letts Education or GO preparation papers.

Regards

Mike
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now