syllabus

11 Plus Maths – Preparation and Information

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
dad123

syllabus

Post by dad123 »

Hi
Am just about the start tutoring my son for the eleven plus in Kent. Where do I find an actual syllabus of all topics I need to cover with him for maths? He is currently in year 5. I have had a look on this site but so far no joy - can anyone point me in the right direction?
Many thanks
reddebs

Post by reddebs »

Maths topics vary from year to year so to try and home in on some of them would be dangerous. I tutor in 11+ and find it better to cover all and find out what the child does not know. Try the Bond Assessment Papers on sale at major outlets or online and start at age range 9/10 first to identify areas that need to be learnt. If your son copes with these fine move onto the 10/11 range and whilst you are in the shop buy some nfer nelson sample papers to test at home.
Good luck word is that the likely test date in Kent will be brought forward from Jan to Sept so an early start is advisable.
SunlampVexesEel

Re: syllabus

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

dad123 wrote:can anyone point me in the right direction?
DD had to do Maths as a crash course since we only realised at the last minute that DD needed Maths for Independent selection tests...

We bought "Bond How To Do 11+ Maths" and found it really useful. In fact all we did was work through the book together and that was that.

Regards
SVE
Animis opibusque parati
perplexed

Post by perplexed »

Kent is an NFER test area. So the NFER practice papers (or whatever theycall them) on sale on this site should cover all the material that could be covered in a Kent 11+ maths test.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now