cd 1

Questions and advice about our 11 Plus Interactive CDs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Hilary 2

cd 1

Post by Hilary 2 »

I can see from the other threads that what I am about to say has already been said but I feel compelled to post this. Until yesterday we were in a state of panick. Three weeks to the first exam in verbal reason and our son kept tripping up on the same sort of question in all his practice papers (codes, sequences…), as a consequence scoring in the early 80%s. In desperation I downloaded the first CD just before school finished yesterday. After tea I asked my son to have a go. I could not believe my eyes! It was like trying to pull him away from the playstation. Three solid hours later, still in his school uniform, he emerged full of confidence. He had attempted all 50 questions in each of his problem areas and quite a few other sections. For the first time since we began preparation in the summer he actually asked me for a practice paper!! I asked him to attempt Bright Spark’s second paper which he completed after supper. He had moved from 78% in the first paper to 98% in the second and finished with 7 minutes to spare. If he can carry this confidence (and scores) to the actual exam it would be fantastic. Thanks to all involved in making the cd, you have done an amazing job (also thanks to the Bucks forum)
Diane

Post by Diane »

Hi Hilary2,

We did volume 1 demo on screen but bought volume 3 as we need more papers. Our daughter’s confidence has risen sharply too.

Our preparation began last year so we found ourselves in a situation where we had done every recommended paper for Buckinghamshire and were saving a couple of unseen papers for the final weeks. The cd works really well as a whole except for codes and sequences that you mentioned. I photocopied a plain piece of paper with rows of pre-printed alphabets and supplied this as the ‘rough’ paper for her while she did all 12 tests on the cd.

If the cd authors are reading this then thank you for a really useful product however take note that it would be a good idea to enclose a small pad with pre-printed alphabets with every order.

Diane
Hilary 2

Post by Hilary 2 »

Hi Diane,

My son scribbled down his own alphabet. I think the cd worked because he did not have to sit next to me while I marked his papers highlighting the same types of problem questions over and over again. The cd gave him his own private learning space without parental pressure where he can make all the mistakes he wants to. Furthermore the computer probably does not frown or express disappointment as we parents do when marking. Being able to do fifty questions of the same type back to back improves technique and the clock probably works well bringing out the competitive element in him. For me it has lifted a load of my shoulders and I am actually looking forward to further practice tonight. Good luck to your daughter. Which school is she applying to?
Hilary 2

Post by Hilary 2 »

The penny definitely dropped! 98% again on Bright Sparks paper 3 today after school. The cd did the trick and confidence is high. Thanks again.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now