Slough letters

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Jbrs

Slough letters

Post by Jbrs »

Help-bit panicking now

Has any one received letters from SG?
My son did get an offer which we accepted- thought that would be enough-but just heard that some parents have received a letter We hav'nt as yet. Should we have written to School direct, as our accepatance was sent to local council as requested on the form.

Jbrs
chad

Post by chad »

I am not sure of the procedure this year (son took 11+ in 2005) but I should have thought that the Lea should have informed them.

Personally I would ring the school tomorrow and ask for admissions....just to confirm that they are aware of your acceptance.
Jbrs

slough letters

Post by Jbrs »

Chad
Thanks for that- will ring school tomorrow.

Jbrs
cordismith

Post by cordismith »

We received a letter from the council informing us that dd had been allocated a place at sg and one from sg asking if we accepted it- to be sent to the schools admissions secretary. My friend got letters from both sg and langley for her dd.i thought the new system was to stop letters from the schools as the council accepted your highest placed offer on your behalf.
greatmum

Post by greatmum »

Hi Cordismith,
What score has got offers from SG and Langley. My daughter is on waiting with 112 at SG and 116 at Langley. I haven't received anything from any of them. should I phone SG and find out as she was 23rd on the waiting list.
I am getting worried now.
page

Post by page »

I understand that Langley have offered down to 117 and I think have offered to 116 if you live locally ?

I dont have any info on SG, but very surprised the waiting list has not gone down.

Good Luck
Jbrs

Slough letters

Post by Jbrs »

Tried calling SG all day - coudn't get through-have sent an e-mail no response as yet.

cordismith

What is the date on Slough letter? Just wondering if they are going down the list?

Jbrs
greatmum

Post by greatmum »

HI all,
something funny is going in SG. Their waiting list has hardly moved (my dd 23rd on it) and they are not answering any question.
Is it likely at this point that LG will offer all 116? My dd is on waiting list with 116 but we live in hounslow. Any experienced speculations!!!!!!!! we have already submitted our appeal.
greatmum
chad

Post by chad »

Jbrs... I have sent you a PM (private message.... see bottom of page..check messages)
chad

Post by chad »

Greatmum.....

I have trawled thru some/many of the posts on the berkshire forum and have collated the following details..... this is not an exact science but only from the parents who were on the waiting list who came back and told us their outcomes..

Langley....

2004 entry 115
2005 entry 116 and some 115
2006 entry 116
2007 entry ....havent found out yet!!!!!

Herschel 2007 entry
1st offer (2nd March)113 with some 112 and all 111's on waiting list

will edit the post if I can find out any more,

Now Slough Grammar is not part of the consortium they may have more offers outstanding where parents are on the waiting list for a preferred school.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now