Starting Appeal process

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sem

Starting Appeal process

Post by sem »

I have posted this in the Gloucestershire section too, but any help from anywhere gratefully received :D

I have found this site to be a wealth of information and a great support over the past few months, so I'm hoping someone will be able to help me now I am just about to embark on this appeal journey.

I have just received my Appeal form from GCC and could do with some guidance!

The form has to be submitted by April 23rd. Is it at this stage that I send off all my evidence ( reports, teacher's references etc. ) ? What do I put on my initial form ( not a very large space on the form to put my case)?
I was hoping to present it in a particular way which would be difficult if I had to start it on the form then continue on another piece of paper.
What is the best way to put it all together, by that I mean...in a folder or stapled together?

Maybe someone who has already been through this experience could help me out here a bit...please!

Many thanks in advance.
Bougalou

Post by Bougalou »

Not same local authority, but I typed our case up and wrote in space on form "please see additional sheets"
hope this helps
bouga
sem

Post by sem »

Yes thanks Bouga, it does help. :D
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

I agree with Bougalou - just write "See attached sheet(s)".

Folders have been discussed quite recently in this thread:
"School not supportive".
Etienne
capers123

Re: Starting Appeal process

Post by capers123 »

sem wrote:The form has to be submitted by April 23rd. Is it at this stage that I send off all my evidence ( reports, teacher's references etc. ) ? What do I put on my initial form ( not a very large space on the form to put my case)?
I was hoping to present it in a particular way which would be difficult if I had to start it on the form then continue on another piece of paper.
What is the best way to put it all together, by that I mean...in a folder or stapled together?
Please check with Shire Hall on the following - but, no, I think that it's just that form that has to be returned by April 23rd, so that they can schedule your appeal in (and know how many days to book the panel for - we do need some notice to book annual leave from work!). The rest of the documents should be in about 2 weeks beforehand so they can be sent out to the panel members to read through before the appeal - but even then you can still bring new evidence on the day (it just might hold the appeal up while we look at it).

Good luck.
Capers
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now