Thanks to Ken R we have now been offered a Place!

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
lottie

Thanks to Ken R we have now been offered a Place!

Post by lottie »

Hi All

First of all - I am aware that most of you are still trying your best to secure a place for you child, and I wish you all the best, hopefully our success will give you the extra will power you need to continue (I am totally drained!).

Because we live in Worc, we could only put three options on our LEA form, and we had to omit KE Handsworth, to put Sutton Girls on the form instead (with no comp!).

Then we had the results and our daughter had passed for KE Handsworth (but not on list) and Sutton Girls (but due to over subscription, we lived the furthest away and was put ont the waiting list in 6th place).

Ken adviced me not to concentrate on appeals etc, but to deal with the unfairness of not being able to put Handsworth on the list in the first place. With his step by step instructions and excellent informative explanations on the procedures involved, we managed to get d on list and subsequently she was offered a place today - we are over moon :D :D :D :D :D

If anyone is from Worc and would like further info please Pm me.

I would suggest to others who are not from Worc to be specific with your title posting and that way you will have more chance of an expert noticing you query or request for help.

I can honestly say that without the advice and support of Ken R our d would NOT be going to a King Edward's school this Sept!

Thanks to Etienne who forwarded my post to Ken R originally, thanks to this super web site and most importantly...........

Thank You Ken R - You are a Saviour :D

Good Luck Everyone - Keep Fighting
Lottie
Kegs Mom 3

Post by Kegs Mom 3 »

Lottie and Ken R,
Well done to you both, fantastic news! :lol:
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Congrats Lottie and Well Done KenR,

from a very old girl of KEHS!!!!!
mm2

Post by mm2 »

Lottie

A wholehearted congratulations to you and your daughter.
I have been following your dignified posts closely and had kept my fingers firmly crossed for you and your daughter. It was frustrating not to be able to answer a lot of your questions as i had very little useful info to help. But as always KenR advised well.

good luck to your daughter. Is she going to Handsworth?

mm2
abcdef

Post by abcdef »

Lottie,
I have read your posts with interest and am delighted your daughter has now been offered a place. Well done to you, your daughter and Ken R!
confusedmom

Post by confusedmom »

Dearest lottie
Congratulations in boring old type print....
Dare say you wont be reading this for the next couple of days as you'll be celebrating.
Ken r is such a star!
well done for such persistance ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
lovespizza

Post by lovespizza »

To Lottie

How lovely to hear such good news. What a relief for you after so much worry x. Was it you who pm'd me? If so many apologies for not replying, (very poorly hospitalized Mother) Genuinely delighted for you and your deserving daughter
LP
lovespizza

Post by lovespizza »

P S Well done to Ken R also, and indeed everyone else who gives up their time for free on this forum to help us needy souls. You are all FANTASTIC!
lottie

Post by lottie »

Thanks all, for kind words.

I am still in shock!!!! Even though I was giving everything I could to the fight, i never really believed that we would be offered a KE place!

Again Ken helped here - he has admitted that he was quietly positive that fairness would prevail (with his insight on how the system works), but keeping this to himself (not to give too much hope), he still managed to keep me going through the times that i really did feel there was no hope.

My moto all the way through was to expect the worst and hope for the best - NOT FORGETTING to plan for the worst, so if/when it happens you have the best possible back up.

My fingers are crossed for everyone still battling.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now