TIPS/EXPERIENCE OF CRYPT APPEALS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
DW

TIPS/EXPERIENCE OF CRYPT APPEALS

Post by DW »

I would be interested to hear from anyone with tips for or experience of appeals to The Crypt School.
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

Welcome to the forum DW!
Sorry I do not have any experience of Crypt appeals.The only info I have ever seen is in their admissions criteria-something about sitting the test again and a piece of writing work for the panel to assess? As they are a foundation school they run their own appeals so more difficult to get info.
Have you submitted an appeal yet? I know they wers struggling to fill their places,and had written to parents whose DS had missed the pass mark by only a mark or two.I think it says in their admissions criteria about not hearing any appeals until everybody from the waiting list have been offered(although don't know if there is a list this year!)

Regards GM
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

You may be interested in the following link-

http://www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/utili ... iaid=21893
Glos_Mum

Post by Glos_Mum »

Last edited by Glos_Mum on Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

Glos mum-remember that the data in the report relates to the last year of parents not knowing the grammar test scores before submittal of the CAF-so I think this skews the figures somewhat.Would have had to be very confident of a pass to put Pates as 1st choice when you could have lost a comp place! You don't need to worry about that this year :lol:
Glos_Mum

Post by Glos_Mum »

Last edited by Glos_Mum on Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

Yes if you didn't get Pates then Tommies would become your 1st choice,and so on.However with Pates they tell you if you are in the top 120(so guaranteed a place) or in the next 40(which would be the waiting list).Some of the top 120 will not accept places there,so then they take from the waiting list.Pates will not accept any child outside of the top 160!
Glos_Mum

Post by Glos_Mum »

Last edited by Glos_Mum on Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

I will pm you-we have hijacked the thread somewhat!
DW

Post by DW »

gloucestermum, thanks for your reply and the interesting link.

We have appeal form (to be returned by 21st April - no mention of re-test), have read appeals Q&A here and from other sources, and have evidence from primary school. Trying to gather as much information as possible, particularly as Crypt seems slightly different as foundation school. DW