Appeal Dates Received By Anybody?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

medwaymum

Appeal Dates Received By Anybody?

Post by medwaymum »

I have a friend appealing against Kent 11+ result. Has anybody received their date for their appeal hearing?
mumsy

Post by mumsy »

Hi,

I have appealed to two schools in Kent, and have only had confirmation of appeal from them both, with one advising of the appeal days (1st, 2nd, 7th, 8th & 9th May), and the other has been sent to LEA. Hopefully, we will get the actual day of appeals soon.

hope that helps-

mumsy
Moscow

Post by Moscow »

Hi, I have appealed to three schools, one not on the CAF after 27th March and have all three dates back, one in April and the other two in May. Maybe worth giving them a ring if anxious but their appeal dates could be right up until June.

Hope this helps
Moscow
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

thanks mumsy and moscow! i shall pass this info on. good luck with your appeals.
twinmum

Post by twinmum »

we got our date its the 28th april,im very nervous now.
heronsfly

Post by heronsfly »

Hi, ive got both of mine now, one at beginning of may, the other at the end, could have been worse, it stated on my letter that some would go on till july.
lesleyub

Post by lesleyub »

Hi. I just registered today though have been reading advice on here for ages. Our appeal is in mid May and I'm pretty nervous as I've turned down the place ds was offered (at I school we didn't list).
banksy1

Post by banksy1 »

Lesleyub I know your not alone turning down a place not on your form I know of at least a dozen people in the same boat as you, there just are not enough school places on offer at the schools in this area hopefully appeals will open up a few more, anyway good luck with your appeal.
perplexed

Post by perplexed »

That was brave. Don't you want a school place somewhere if you don't get in to the school you are appealing for?
2nd time arround

Post by 2nd time arround »

Hi lesleyub , we have also turned down a grammar place as it was not on our caf form and 23 miles from home, our ds would have had to get up at 5.30am every morning and would not have been home until 6.30pm and that would be on a good day :cry: .
We have appealed to 2 grammars in our area but still waiting to hear of dates.

Good luck to you and everyone else appealing
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now