KES Stratford

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

kelly1

KES Stratford

Post by kelly1 »

Hi
does anyone know if KES in Stratford is part of the KE foundation in Birmingham or is it completely separate?

Also does anyone have any appeal info on KE Stratford?
Thanks
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi

Stratford never was part of the foundation and I don't think things have changes, the B'ham foundation is pretty localised: KEHS, KES, Aston, FW, CH, Handsworth - I think (no doubt I have forgotten one)

Looks like the appeals will be handled by the LEA who also deal with the admissions.
How far have you got in the process?
magwich

KE Stratford

Post by magwich »

KES handles its own appeals and I believe has spaces left at the present time.Ithink but am not sure that you have to contact the school direct but that you also have to go through the local authority. You could try speaking with Irene Allen at warwickshire education authority. Good Luck anyway
kelly1

Post by kelly1 »

Hi

Thanks for your replies.

We are in the process of preparing appeal papers for KES. My son did not do as well as expected in the test and so was not offered a place.
The basis for our appeal is purely academic ability.
I just wondered whether anyone else had been through the process for KES before.

There seem to be very few appeals upheld for the B'ham schools

I have been so grateful to this site having only come across it the other day otherwise would have felt very much on my own!
teacher

KES

Post by teacher »

Hello Kelly,
Sorry to hear that you are having to appeal. I know it's no consolation but I think the 'new' test last year was more difficult than previous years. As I have said before several pupils I expected to pass very comfortably did not.
I have a friend who went through the appeals process for her daughter and Shottery; I could ask for some ideas from her but I do know she had a rather tough time with it and she had (I thought) mitigating circumstances.
kelly1

Post by kelly1 »

Hi
Any ideas and help will be greatfully received.
Thank you
Charlotte67

Post by Charlotte67 »

Sorry Kelly - I can't help as I have no experience of South Warks schools nor of the appeal process.

Just wanted you to know that I'm not ignoring you!

Try posting specific questions in the appeal section or pm Philster37; he was offering support in a previous thread.

Regards,

Charlotte
kelly1

Post by kelly1 »

Thanks Charlotte

Have already got alot of useful advice from this site. Our appeal papers have gone in today with the hearing sometime time in May.

I will keep checking here and appeals section.

Thanks, Kelly.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now