Where to start

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
mattsurf

Where to start

Post by mattsurf »

My son will be taking his 11+ in 2009, and I want to start to prepare (gently at first). So far I have downloaded a couple of sample papers from the internet.

We took our son to see a tutor earlier this year, she did tests and said that he should consider taking the 11+, and that she starts coaching from the start of year 5 - however, should we start now for 1 hour per week?

As far as I can see, there is a huge amount of regional variations in exam formats, what are the best books / home tutoring guides for Birmingham 11+

I will be going through the site over the next couple of weeks, so many more questions to follow
MattSurf
fm

work plan

Post by fm »

Yes, it wouldn't be harmful to do a little now, but I wouldn't go overboard. A year usually is long enough to gain successful entry. I also wouldn't bother doing any sample papers for a long time. I tutor for Sutton/BV/KE and do not have the children sitting tests until Easter time, months after embarking on tuition.

Before I suggest some work books, could you pm me with me with your 'wish list'. Is it just BV or is it KE as well? And which is your number one choice. They are quite different exams and need quite different prep.

Regards,

Fm