Herts Consortium schools - waiting lists

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Pinkboots

Herts Consortium schools - waiting lists

Post by Pinkboots »

I'd really appreciate it if anyone could post an update on how far down the waiting lists for any of these schools have gone.

I'm particularly interested in Parmiter's and Queens, but am sure others of you out there would also like an update on Watford boys & girls as well as Ricky if anyone knows....any info gratefully received :D

Also, anyone know when the appeal dates will be?

Thank you.
Sressed but survivor

Re: Herts Consortium schools - waiting lists

Post by Sressed but survivor »

Have you tried calling the schools direct - I found the Admissions secretary at Parmiter's very helpful and kind when I called? And it may be an idea to keep your profile raised of your interest on the waiting list by calling perhaps once a month now?

I do wish you very good luck.
family18

Post by family18 »

I have received a letter in the post today offering my daughter a place at Queens which we will be accepting.
toony

Post by toony »

Thanks for the info - can you tell us what your son/daughters standardised score was?
family18

Post by family18 »

she originally applied under parmiters and was 20th on their waiting list her score was 225
toony

Post by toony »

In answer to pinkboots, a child I know who was originally number 5 at Parmiters, is now number 2. He was 1 then moved down to 2! So the list has hardly moved at all!
Beano

Post by Beano »

Pinkboots wrote: Also, anyone know when the appeal dates will be?
I've heard mumblings that they are in the next couple of weeks but people seem to be playing it close to their chests!

Anyone know for sure?
Sressed but survivor

Post by Sressed but survivor »

Beano wrote:
Pinkboots wrote: Also, anyone know when the appeal dates will be?
I've heard mumblings that they are in the next couple of weeks but people seem to be playing it close to their chests!

Anyone know for sure?
I can't say about appeals but I do know one family who have a place at Parmiters and also are holding onto a private school place (which they apparently have until July to confirm). This clogs up a place for another deserving child whose parents haven't the luxury of the fee-paying choice.I keep hoping they will go for the private ! If I know one - there must be more surely? Hold on in there!
watdad

Post by watdad »

Parmiters isn’t a good example IMO. There are four children at each position on the list so 5th is effectively 20th. I think last year you had to be inside the top 20 initially to get in i.e. 5th

I was 15th a Ricky now 3. Spoke to the school they are not hopeful of much more movement they said this time of year it is usually if families move home before September.

No doubt there will a bit of movement with the appeals but I can’t imagine many appealing who have a place at Parmiters etc.

IMO more likely to be at one of the middling schools like Queens where people may have accepted a place pending appeal elsewhere
tense

Post by tense »

Watdad - 15th to 3rd sounds very hopeful to me.

IIRC, was it you who has opted to accept NO school place? If so, I hope extra hard that Ricky comes up for you.