How Quiet!

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
zorro

How Quiet!

Post by zorro »

It's scarily quiet on this front. We haven't heard a dicky bird since Feb when we got acceptance letter and then acknowledgement of receipt of deposit. We were told that we would receive more info later but still nothing!!
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

My sosn schools the same. He got accepted in January, and this term there is supposed to be a new parents lucnh, a trial boarding weekend, summer fair, and some other event, and we're nearly a month in already. Some time to plan to take time off work would be nice. :x

I suppose once you've accepted they don't have to work hard to attract you!
zorro

Post by zorro »

Exactly! They finish the first week in July as well so not a lot of time left.
Which school is yours?
hopeforthebest

Post by hopeforthebest »

oo
Last edited by hopeforthebest on Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zorro

Post by zorro »

Lucky you hopeforthebest. Which school is this?
They sound very organised!
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

zorro wrote:Exactly! They finish the first week in July as well so not a lot of time left.
Which school is yours?
My son has won a choristership to sing in St Paul's Cathedral, London. As I don't live in London I have no idea what the school is like but it is a far cry from the country boarding school my other son is at - mmm.
KES Parent

Post by KES Parent »

[/quote]

My son has won a choristership to sing in St Paul's Cathedral, London. As I don't live in London I have no idea what the school is like but it is a far cry from the country boarding school my other son is at - mmm.[/quote]

Tipsy you are hilarious :shock: Did you send the little chap on his own to do his singing tests?
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

KES Parent wrote:
.[/quote]Tipsy you are hilarious :shock: Did you send the little chap on his own to do his singing tests?[/quote

:? Huh - I don't get it. I was down in London that day and noticed auditions for St Paul's so we took him along to see if he was any good, expecting him not to be, and he got in. He's never had singing lessons and doesn't play an instrument but I thought his voice sounded quite nice. I don't really know anything about the school because I know no one whose kids go there and I also don't know much about choristers, but we felt we couldn't turn down such a good (hopefully)opportunity.

Tipsy is not lying. :)
zorro

Post by zorro »

KES parent,
That same thought had sneaked into my mind too!
zorro

Post by zorro »

Tipsy,
He must have a fantastic voice to get into St Pauls- they are the creme de la creme for choristers. Do they board there?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now