WE WON OUR APPEAL - WILMINGTON GRAMMAR SCHOOL FOR BOYS

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Vicky

WE WON OUR APPEAL - WILMINGTON GRAMMAR SCHOOL FOR BOYS

Post by Vicky »

Hi everyone,

Decided to go out this morning as for the last 2 days I have sat by the letter box willing the KCC envelope, just getting too stressed, so decided to stop thinking about it for a couple of hours (yeah right!!)

The only letter on the mat when I returned home was the little white stamped KCC envelope and I was all alone, felt sick and shaky and wondered how I would tell my young man if it had all gone wrong!

When I rang my hubby to tell him the good news I was crying my eyes out and he couldn't understand a word I was saying, eventually I managed a "We Did It" and the whole of his work let out a cheer!!

Next stop was my son's school. I knew he was on his dinner break and he had been carrying his mobile with him to check at lunchtime, the last 2 days I had texted to say "no news" but wanted to see his face this time.

Everything was so worthwhile when I saw my gorgeous son jump and punch the air then collapsed into my arms crying and saying thank you, even his headmistress was crying then he run off to tell his teacher and his friends and as I stood by the gates of the school I heard a big cheer from the playground.

I am so very grateful that everything turned out well for us and I hope that anyone still waiting for their appeal results get the result they most want too. Its a terrible process in reality and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Thank you to everyone who wrote encouraging words on previous posts. I also want to thank all my wonderful friends that read this forum and have heard me go on an on about the agony of it all.

Vicky x
proud mum x2

Post by proud mum x2 »

Well done Vicky,been following your story and I am so pleased fpr you and your little man! :D

Vicky

Post by Vicky »

Thank you so much. The appeal went really well but you never dare to say it out loud.

I'm just so pleased for my son, he deserved it.
surreymum

Post by surreymum »

Congratulations!
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Vicky - well done! Your post brought tears to my eyes ...
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now