Current SATs

Key Stages 1-2 and SATs advice

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
zorro

Current SATs

Post by zorro »

Ds now has completed 2nd day . Said that although they had revised 5 different writing genres none of them came up and the biography that did come up they hadn't done since beginning of Y6.
Anybody else have any views on 1st 2 days?
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

There is a lively debate on the TES website staffroom area:

http://www.tes.co.uk/section/staffroom/ ... =/primary/
Bougalou

Post by Bougalou »

DD said she found science challenging but do-able yesterday, - sounds as if she had got all spellings correct and had enjoyed English today.
All seems to be going well on our front.... :)
Schoolbaglady

Post by Schoolbaglady »

My daughter said exactly the same thing about not having practised biography writing since the beginning of Y6. She was hoping for a news report. There was such a punishing (mostly for parents) round of entrance exams earlier on that I'm afraid sats tests are probably not being taken quite as seriously in this household as her teacher might expect. Said teacher reminds me of a coiled spring, completely obsessed by these tests and biting pupils' heads off at the slightest thing. Been building to a crescendo since Christmas, poor woman. Roll on next week.
zorro

Post by zorro »

Schoolbaglady,
Exactly the same in our house. Ds wanted news report or formal letter of complaint!
Said science yesterday was easy apart from 2 questions , one of which he got right and one wrong!
Roll on Friday!
zorro

Post by zorro »

Guest55,
Thanks for TES link- Fascinating!! Seems my DS's teacher is not the only embarrassed one!
DD97

Post by DD97 »

My dd seems fine and relaxed about it all so far. She thinks she's done reasonably well, but that doesnt really mean anything!! It will be interesting to see how she scores as she hasnt completed that many 'mocks' but her results were:

English 70/100 - totally borderline 4/5
Maths 78-88/100 - reasonably solid 5
Science 56-60/80 - few points of a 5

I think with these scores it will all depend on the day!
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Guest 55 - you've really cheered me up today with your TES link. There are some absolute howlers on there and I've been chuckling away to myself for the best part of an hour. :D
Charlotte67

Post by Charlotte67 »

Oh Guest55, what have you done? I've spent the whole afternoon reading your linked thread... Absolutely hilarious!!

Hope hubby & children understand lack of housework/washing/food purchasing & preparation. :wink:

The poor dog has been sitting beside me with her lead for an hour. :oops:

Looking forward to reading about the reading test tonight :lol:

Thanks!!
Burneth

Post by Burneth »

The link is absolutely fantastic Guest 55 - delightful reading - and I too have been chuckling! Thanks for brightening my day!

B

x
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;51;459/st/20080902/e/DS%27s+1st+day+at+senior/k/f5bf/event.png[/img]

PS I am Burneth and I am a lady....!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now