Slough Grammar Welcome Pack

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
mumm

Slough Grammar Welcome Pack

Post by mumm »

Hi All
Has anyone recieved any kind of welcome pack from SG? All I have had so far is the letter from SG and the council saying she has a place but no big info pack as I was expecting. Maybe Im just being paranoid but after all the excitement of gaining a place it all seems to have gone really quiet.

Thanks
Mumm
chad

Post by chad »

Hi Mumm

My son started SG in 2006.

Looking back in my 'SG' file ( Yes I know I am looking like a very 'sad' person now)....My Offer letter from the school dated 1 March also had a paragraph saying.....We would welcome you to our 'New Parents Information Evening on Tuesday 9th May 2006'
You may want to check your offer letter just in case there is a paragraph on there.

I also have a copy of a letter dated 22nd May 2006 from the head of Y7 that invited my son and I to meet his form tutor in June.

It states that further information will be given on that evening and that the school uniform supplier will be available on that evening

It gives the name of the form tutor, the 'house' my son was allocated and also the date of the 'induction day'.

If the timings are roughly the same this year you should be receiving a letter for the Tutor evening(and a couple of forms to fill in) in the next couple of weeks. :)

You could phone the school .... hopefully the phone will be answered by the lady on reception as she is very helpful.
langley/mum

Post by langley/mum »

Hi.
My son has a friend, that has a place at Slough Grammar and he recently went to some sort of open evening for the next lot of new entrants,it was last week or the week before?
Sorry to be so vague!
Hope you haven't missed it!
Langley Mum.
cordismith

Post by cordismith »

We haven't had anything yet and I've been wondering if maybe they didn't get our acceptance letter! Other friends with children going to other schools haven't received anything yet either though so it's not just us!.At the new parents information evening( don't worry if you missed it, it just covered the same things as the open evening when you would have gone to view the school last year) they said there would be a meeting with the form tutor in June and an induction day for the children in July and we'd be sent a letter nearer the date, no mention of a welcome pack though.
mumm

Post by mumm »

Thanks for all your replies
Yes we went to the info meeting, sorry forgot to mention that. I just thought we may have had a bit more written info. Some of the local comp's have issued packs through the school but as my DD is the only one from her school going to SG was just worried (unnecessarily?) that we had been missed along the way.
I thought asking on here may mean I wont have to call the school.

Thanks M
cordismith

Post by cordismith »

If you do phone or get anything through the post let us know! My dd is the only one going from her school too and I want to make sure I don't miss anything too!
cordismith

Post by cordismith »

I phoned SG this morning, letters are going out at the end of this week.
chad

Post by chad »

Thanks for the info... :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now