Is anyone else waiting for appeal results?

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

twinmum

Is anyone else waiting for appeal results?

Post by twinmum »

We had our first of two appeals on 28th April and were told to expect a letter telling us the result of this at the end of this week,apparantly they usually write the letters a week after the last heard appeal which was last Thursday for invicta grammar school.

So i am hazarding a guess at friday or saturday,all this waiting is agony!i know we probabally wont get through,our second appeal is at the beginning of june but if we win this one we wont follow it through.

Anyone else waiting?
tinam

Post by tinam »

Yes we are waiting, but I'm certain we will lose as the school rep slaughtered our case and I got arguementative with him at the end because he was extremely condescending.

Have done all we possibly can now, have to move on...
Sam's Mum

Post by Sam's Mum »

Twin mum

If it's Invicta Grammar you're waiting for results for, I believe other people have already had their results - see the thread further down the appeals section. I think it's title is "Invicta Grammar - missed by 2 points".
WKmum

Post by WKmum »

Had our appeal on Tuesday and was told letters would be sent out sometime next week after all the appeals had been heard this week. Imagine then my surprise when a letter with the KCC stamp came through the door this morning! To our great relief and delight we had won our appeal and the letter arriving so prematurely just spared us all the pre-postman nerves.
Bougalou

Post by Bougalou »

Well done WKmum
Lots of good news about at the moment! :)
Sam's Mum

Post by Sam's Mum »

Congratulations WK Mum. How wonderful that you received the news so quickly - we're still waiting and it's absolute torture.

Bougalou - you have such a generous nature. I've spotted you touring the country, wishing people luck with their appeals and congratulating those with good news, when we know what an unhappy situation you find yourself in. I really hope things work out eventually for your family. Are you on the waiting lists for any of the other schools? Places are bound to come up from time to time.
Bougalou

Post by Bougalou »

Thanks Sam's mum, it makes me feel better to read others' good news stories. Yes, we're still on the waiting list for the comprehensive school, dd is currently at no. 30 - despite us being told she was 9th at the appeal. I seriously doubt that there will be that much movement now.
Bouga
Sam's Mum

Post by Sam's Mum »

Bougalou wrote: Yes, we're still on the waiting list for the comprehensive school, dd is currently at no. 30 - despite us being told she was 9th at the appeal. I seriously doubt that there will be that much movement now.
Bouga
Perhaps not before September. But if places come up after that you'll probably find that many of those before you on the waiting list will not want to move their children once they are settled at other schools. There's always hope!
lesleyub

Post by lesleyub »

WKMum - wonder if we appealed to the same school? I also got a nice letter from KCC yesterday :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now