Patricia / Orson or anyone who can help please

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
swindon mum

Patricia / Orson or anyone who can help please

Post by swindon mum »

Patricia and Orson,

Thanks for your replies to my post at Are These Papers the Same. My son has done Susan Daughtry's papers and books already. I just want to give him as much practice as possible. Nfer nelson papers are under print at present. SO will get him IPS and others as well.
By the way do you know of any tutors for VR in Swindon area.
Also, he has trouble in vocabulary bit, where you have to find nearest in meaning or opposites. Any ways that you know that will help him.
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Swindon Mum

The Susan Daughtrey books 1 to 7 are also irrelevant to NFER types [multiple choice]

Publishers that are relevant are IPS,Walsh The Tutors and Susan Daughtreys Bright Sparks.

With regard to vocab [the problem that all children have] Take a look at my free downloads, found on this website. Play scrabble [adult version] allow your child to use a dictionary, make him read out loud to you, discussing vocab.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/pdf/11 ... tricia.pdf

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/pdf/11 ... tricia.pdf

With regard to tutors, it is against forum rules to advertise. Someone may send you a PM should they be able to help.

Patricia
StroudieDad

Post by StroudieDad »

Dear Swindon Mum,

What SAT grades is your son currently getting/predicted to get? I assume he's currently in Year 5.
Orson

Post by Orson »

Swindon mum and Patricia

Susan Daughtrey's books 1-7 are not completely irrelevant. They contain 35 types and 15 of them are worth looking at. They are not in any kind of multiple choice format either.

Orson
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Orson

But irrelvant enough, not to waste your money, particulary as there is a wealth of material that is completely relevant...

Patricia
Orson

Post by Orson »

Patricia

You are right - of course. :lol:

Orson
patricia

Post by patricia »

Orson

Thankyou :wink:

Patricia