the Crypt Pack has arrived!!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
gloucestermum

the Crypt Pack has arrived!!!

Post by gloucestermum »

Hoorah!!!
What a lot to read! Haven't read it all as yet,but DS has picked up on the reading request from the head of English and he is not impressed-I told him he better get used to it!!

Regarding the embroidery on the uniform-rang the lady in the pack and she is going to be there on July 6th uniform day and will take details then-so no need to ring as it says in the pack.Her phone is going to be red hot....

Back to reading...

:lol:
GM
Burneth

Post by Burneth »

DS equally unimpressed with the reading suggestion over the summer holidays; oh - and the letter writing exercise to the headmaster :lol: :lol:

Did the embroidery lady give any indication of price? I think I may be getting my needle and thread out and getting some practice in!

I agree there appears to be a lot of information..I am worried I am not going to get all the forms sent back when they should etc.

With the residential, do we send the funds now? I wasn't sure about that either.

Also with the uniform order, do we send the money with the form now or pay when we pick it up?

I am so glad you know what you are doing Gloucestermum :wink: :wink:
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;51;459/st/20080902/e/DS%27s+1st+day+at+senior/k/f5bf/event.png[/img]

PS I am Burneth and I am a lady....!
AJ11

Post by AJ11 »

Just got home from work and found pack from Crypt. Wow, what alot of information to absorb, think I'll need a couple of hours to read and digest that lot!!

Kettle's on, time to start reading.
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

With the residential, do we send the funds now? I wasn't sure about that either.

Also with the uniform order, do we send the money with the form now or pay when we pick it up?

I am so glad you know what you are doing Gloucestermum
Know what I am doing??? It's all a mirage....

Uniform-think the list is an indication of prices etc-pay on the day cash or cheque.
Residential-think they want it now,although how can we put DS's form on the back of the cheque if we won't know it until July???
Embroidery-you better get practising Burneth-1 inch letters on 4 items-rather you than me!!!

I found the times tables sheet interesting-how can you get to year 6 and not know your tables?

DH has suggested I do some overtime as my chequebook is going to take a severe hammering-what a cheek! :wink:

Just googled Kingswood Colomendy-its not a PGL but looks great! They have residential places all over the UK,this one is in North Wales.Last years' year 7 went to Osmington Bay which is a PGL.
Burneth

Post by Burneth »

AJ11 wrote:, think I'll need a couple of hours to read and digest that lot!!

Kettle's on, time to start reading.
Please let me know what it all means once you've read it all :lol:
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;51;459/st/20080902/e/DS%27s+1st+day+at+senior/k/f5bf/event.png[/img]

Burneth

Post by Burneth »

Uniform-think the list is an indication of prices etc-pay on the day cash or cheque.
So just be clear, (as I seem to have left my brain elsewhere today!) we don't send in the order form, but just turn up at our designated time on the Sunday and pick the uniform?

Also, did anybody get a form to fill in saying which friends the boys have so they can be put into the tutor group together?

AJ11

Post by AJ11 »

I think you're correct Burneth, turn up at designated time on uniform fitting day, pay and take away with you. Quite a good idea because ordering blind from a form is quite difficult. Sizes vary so much.

Not sure when residential form and payment needs to be in by. Like Gloucestermum said we don't know which form they're going to be in yet.

I must admit I've got a head ache lol. Really worried i'm going to forget something.

Not received anything about my sons friends Burneth, have you received one? If there is i've propbably missed it.

I agree about the times tables Gloucestermum. Surely they should know them by now. (maybe the table was for me, I definately could do with some practice).
AJ11

Post by AJ11 »

Ooh, just spotted they serve breakfast between 8 and 8.30am and what a choice they have at break time. Ds's primary school only allow them a piece of fruit for a snack, what a difference, he's going to love that.

I've just shown him the letter writing to the head and the reading over the summer holiday. The look on his face was enough :evil:

I'm going to have to read this lot over and over because it's not sinking in, i'm just paper shuffling!! Who's intelligence are they testing here, the boys or ours? HELP!!!
Burneth

Post by Burneth »

AJ11 wrote:
I'm going to have to read this lot over and over because it's not sinking in, i'm just paper shuffling!! Who's intelligence are they testing here, the boys or ours? HELP!!!
Ditto !!

I am glad it's not just me that is struggling with it all - and getting in a mild panic in case I get something wrong!

I have put the documents to one side and will look at them again tomorrow when hopefully I may be able to decipher the contents a little better :lol: :lol:

PS what constitutes a "good quality" newspaper for the boys to read? I am guessing the Sunday Sport won't be appropriate :lol: :lol:

Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Many Secondary school packs are like this now! Schools have to collect so much information plus permissions for administering medicines etc - just think about the poor person entering all this stuff on an IT system :lol: