sg tutor meeting-quick silly q?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
cordismith

sg tutor meeting-quick silly q?

Post by cordismith »

we'll be meeting a teacher whose name begins with V( don't know if I can say the name on here but i hope someone knows who i'm talking about.) and I really need to know how you say that before we go lol? also, what should i expect from this meeting?
perplexed

Post by perplexed »

Sorry do not know SG or V, but how about asking the school office for the correct pronunciation (and bear in mind they may get it wrong too!!) ?

You could also ask how you could get in touch with this teacher beforehand (e.g. by e-mail) to see if there is any information you can think about beforehand that may be useful to the teacher during the meeting.
chad

Post by chad »

Hi, will send you a PM. :)
cordismith

Post by cordismith »

thanks chad.I have sent you a reply but I don't know if i've done it properly.I phoned the office also but they just suggested i call the teacher a shortened version of her name as that's what everyone else calls her lol.
chad

Post by chad »

Yep,
got your reply.
See you're not the only one who has probs with her name :lol:

as for what to expect...(from my distant memory)

It is just a chance to meet...discuss any concerns/worries....give your child/ and the form tutor a chance to put faces to names. I think they discussed what would happen on the transfer visit and we swapped certain forms and info.
It was all quite informal and friendly.
I think that they also had the uniform supplier there, with samples, so you could see what size you would need..... I couldn't say if that was going to be the format this year. :?