11 PLUS 2009 - Who's who?

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

JaysDarlin

11 PLUS 2009 - Who's who?

Post by JaysDarlin »

Hellll-loooooooooooooo everyone! :D

I wanted to start a new thread for the 11 plus, 2009. :idea:

How many people are on this forum who are going to be entering their children for the 2009 exams? It would be nice to get to know you all, seeing as we are going to be taking this journey together! 8)

I'll start!

I have a 9 1/2 yr old son who is in year 5. We are going to be applying for Langley and Tiffins.
clarendon

Post by clarendon »

Hi JaysDarlin... what a good idea to start this thread... thanks! I too have a year 5 child and she will be sitting the tests this autumn. Time seems to be racing away and she's starting to get a bit nervous. So am I but am doing my best to try and hide that from her!

How are you and your son getting on?

We live in Birmingham and will be applying for the KE Foundation schools, Sutton Coldfield Girls and Queen Mary which is in Walsall.

Best Wishes,
Clarendon
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Well I still don't know what I'm doing with schools but I am going to sit my son for CRGS for 2009. They apparently take kids a year ahead if they pass (obviously) and if they have been a year ahead for more than a year at their current school. I'm hoping he will pass and we can ask them to efer his place until Year 9, but who knows, the lure of no fees just may sway me! :roll:
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

I'm afraid I am also one of this band of misfortunates.

DS2 will take the tests in Bucks this October. :(

Long-time members will know that the last one was not a great experience, although it righted itself in the end (after a mere 20 months of prolonged agony), so I am hoping for a swift resolution this time round. :lol:

Good luck to everyone preparing for 2009 entry.

Sally-Anne
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Tipsy - schools cannot reserve places like this - they would be 'missing out' on funding for an empty seat!

No more 11+ for us - but I hope to do all the worrying again ... hopefully there won;t be much of it! :lol:
Glos_Mum

Post by Glos_Mum »

Last edited by Glos_Mum on Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

Sadly, we get to do it all over again with DS2 as well this Nov. He'll be trying for the one and only local boys Grammar in Reading.

Even though he really wants to go for it, with his horizontal attitude to life, it will be an uphill struggle. :cry:

As you can tell, my enthusiasm for what's to come knows no bounds :(

Good luck everyone.

BW
Bougalou

Post by Bougalou »

Hi, yes going through it again in September with DD2 (DC3) for Skipton Girls' High School. Here's hoping we have a happier outcome this time. Good luck to all
Bougalou
paula

Post by paula »

Well after spending most of last year working towards Kendrick only for DD to change her mind and decide to opt for local excellent comp instead. It now turns out that we are going to move back Poole over the summer. We visited Parkstone Grammar last week and am pleased to report DD loved it and so we WILL be taking the test in Nov. Hopefully all that work will pay off in the end!
JaysDarlin

Post by JaysDarlin »

Oh WOW! :D

There are so many of us so soon! I thought I was being too paranoid and getting into 11+ mode way too soon - its so nice to be a part of this support community!

I'm very grateful to have found this site. :P
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now