Have all lincolnshire exams finished ?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Kingsley

Have all lincolnshire exams finished ?

Post by Kingsley »

Does anyone know ?
angelz

Lincolnshire tests

Post by angelz »

Hi Kingsley,

Yes, in Lincs our dates were 9th Sept for VR and 16th Sept for NVR. I know some schools required pupils to sit english and maths papers, but I think they were for use in borderline cases and were sat on the same dates as above.

Results due out next Friday, anyone else excited?!!?

angelz

Post by Guest »

Not quite sure if "excited" is the right word to describe my feelings Angelz!!

Sara
angelz

Post by angelz »

Point taken Sara,
How about; Nervous, anxious, scared, jumpy, jittery, edgy, enthusiastic, optimistic, troubled, worried, hysterical, calm, composed, non plussed,(for about 2 seconds), panic-stricken and fine (Honestly! :shock: )

I've got all these covered also, usually in that precise order. LOL
:D angelz

Post by Guest »

Vocabulary certainly up to 11 plus standard Angelz!! And yes, that could just about cover it.

Sara
SJ

Post by SJ »

angelz wrote:Point taken Sara,
How about; Nervous, anxious, scared, jumpy, jittery, edgy, enthusiastic, optimistic, troubled, worried, hysterical, calm, composed, non plussed,(for about 2 seconds), panic-stricken and fine (Honestly! :shock: )

I've got all these covered also, usually in that precise order. LOL
:D angelz
Couldn't have put it better myself. Spoken to Spalding GS this morning as I wanted to make sure that they were sending the results to the correct Primary School as my little man has changed recently and I got the distinct feeling that the results had either all ready been sent to the schools or were extremely imminent, i.e. prior to us getting them at the end of the week, but this is only a feeling and I have nothing to substantiate it other than the the tone of voice and the vague "oh no they have gone to the wrong place and we have got to get them to the right one." Maybe I am so anxious I am reading into things.

Post by Guest »

In previous years when the results did not come out until February the schools had them from some time in December. I guess it is possible that they have them already - at Carre's last week we were told that the results definitely would be ready on time. Before September there was some anxiety that the standardisation might not be completed in the time scales. Not long to go now anyway!

SJ - Well done to your son. His determination and achievements are amazing. No wonder you are so proud of him.
SJ

Post by SJ »

Anonymous wrote:Not long to go now anyway!

SJ - Well done to your son. His determination and achievements are amazing. No wonder you are so proud of him.
Thanks for this. Yes I am proud of all of his achievements and that includes taking the 11+ despite immense opposition.
SJ

Post by SJ »

Anonymous wrote:In previous years when the results did not come out until February the schools had them from some time in December. I guess it is possible that they have them already - at Carre's last week we were told that the results definitely would be ready on time. Before September there was some anxiety that the standardisation might not be completed in the time scales. Not long to go now anyway!
Why do the schools get them before us? I may be being naive, but the experiences that various people have mentioned on this forum that the primary schools weren't even interested begs the question. Also what difference does it make to the primary school?

Post by Guest »

I actually meant that the Grammar Schools had the results, though I understand that primary schools did get them earlier than the parents. When we filled in the form for my son to take the tests this year there was a box to tick to say whether you wanted the results sent to your primary school or not and we ticked "no" as it seemed a bit pointless as we are not in a selective school area and hardly any kids from the school take the 11 plus.

Our post doesn't come till 1pm or later most of the time (and it is a bit unreliable at times) so we shall probably be waiting longer than most next Saturday!

Sara
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now