Update for the original 2nd March crew!!!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Tired Mum

Update for the original 2nd March crew!!!

Post by Tired Mum »

Hello to all of the original 2nd March (2007) gang - especially LBSWM, Rosey, Anxious, Confused, HP, Jah, Lady Patricia, Etienne, Dame Guest55, SJ355, Steve61, Heidi, Shrimps, Appeal Mum, Sally-Anne, Worried Mum, NorthKent Mum, USA oh yes and Sir Forum Admin. Back to page 32 of 700+ pages. After pools of snot, Cointreau, Nute11a canapes, and pickled onion monster munch, a trip to the Oscars forum style, campaigns at Old Trafford and so many other great memories of all the kind words, frankly loony antics and pms .............. you'll never guess what! No1 (and only) daughter, she who got 6th place school on 2nd March and did not get 1st place school until some random date in May HAVING JUST SCRAPED IN! Has completed 1st year and has been awarded a prize for being in the top three in her class ------ oh yes ------- an ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT AWARD :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I could never have imagined this just over a year ago and surely would not have put the fight in if it were not for the sterling support and guidance from my dear friends and 'loons' here. When the letter arrived I thought of the people on this site first.

I hope you are all well and that your children are thriving from your support. I know that a number of you are still here on the forum regularly supporting others. Keep it up and love to you all. :D :D :D :D

reTired Mum
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Delighted to see you back - that's such FANTASTIC news! We all knew she could do it!

At the risk of repeating myself I have to day that the 11+ is far from a perfect test as your daughter has proved yet again!!

Do visit us again ....
laid back son worried mum

Post by laid back son worried mum »

Image Now isn't that just delicious news, reTired Mum? :D

You knew through a11 that snot and tears that her light wi11 get to shine brightly and it has indeed!! 8)

Funnily, the other day, I was driving with my window down, the wind rushing through my greying hair and the music blasting at maximum decibels (on a country lane and I am almost deaf) :shock:

and I thought of you... a year ago, your head spinning and your heart hurting at the injustice of it a11, driving in your car with your No.1(and only) daughter sitting quietly beside you while you prepared to embark on your appeal journey :cry: ....

So,so,so glad to see you here and your No.1(and only) daughter in top form!! :D
She's the cherry on the top,the icing on the cake, the candle in the wind, the apple of your eye and she's where she belongs. :D

Drop in again soon...we have mi55ed you.

No.1 Forum Fan/loon
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

WONDERFUL NEWS!!!

Just goes to show.............Cream always rises to the TOP!!!!!!

So pleased to hear your good news, gives hope to many here!!! :D :D
usa

Post by usa »

Dear Tired Mum
I think there are a lot of us on here actually who lurk but do not actually post!!
Loved your message and am so pleased for you both!
Well done to her!
USA
Bexley

Post by Bexley »

I can't believe they're nearly year eights!!!!!!!!!

Well done to your daughter

Love

Bexley xx
Northkentmum

Post by Northkentmum »

Dear Tired Mum

Belated, I know, but a million congrats to you and your daughter, what a wonderful achievement.

I have to agree with Guest55 when she said the 11+ was not a perfect test, your daughters proved it and if I can add a little boast from another proud mum my DD who failed 11+ in 2007 by only a few marks has just won a scholarship prize at the end of her 1st year at the independent school she eventually went to :D :D :D

Looking back to march 2007, and I'm sure you'll agree, seems a million miles from where we are now and how brilliantly things have turned out in the end.
NKM
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

YEE-HA!

I am also very late to pick up the news TM, but I am thrilled to bits for you.

:D

Sally-Anne
jah

Post by jah »

Fantastic news!!

As year 7 daughter becomes Year 8 daughter, she is really enjoying her Comp. She's in the top set for everything, and we've just had a really positive parents' evening.

Year 11 daughter is waiting for GCSE results, and wants to stay on where she is, but the stress has brought her eczema up again (last flare up KS3 SATs).

Year 5 son says "No way" is he doing the 11+!
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

So delighted for her. It reminds us all of the importance of fighting. So important for her self esteem and self belief. Have a wonderful holiday.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now