hi, and how are we doing/

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
proud mum x2

hi, and how are we doing/

Post by proud mum x2 »

Hi Gloucestershire,

Hope you are all doing ok, September is fast approaching, and I have bought most of my DD's uniform!

I thought I'd go before the crowds fill the Lower High Street, and now all I have to do is label it all and reduce her food intake drastically, so it all still fits when the big day arrives!!

She has been running around in the house in her white trainers, to make absolutely sure they fit, but not too tightly!

Have you all made the dreaded/delightful trip yet/
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

Hi proud mum,
Us Crypt parents have uniform fitting day next Sunday at the school-can only get it from there!
Haven been looking around for dark grey trousers but only grey or black in the shops at the moment-am going to leave shirts etc until August I think.Shoes etc also will have to wait,I am in the lucky situation to work term time only so will have time to go to the shops!

It's the taster days this week-its come around so soon hasn't it?
proud mum x2

Post by proud mum x2 »

I'm a term - time only worker too, just wanted to beat the crowds!

DD is still not saying much about the huge change coming up in her life yet, she keeps it all in!
I ask her if she's worried, excited, happy or about it and she just says," not really"

I find it infuriating, but her daddy says, "oh, just leave her, she'll tell how she feels if she wants to."
He's probably right, he and she are very similar, so I'll just shut up about it I suppose! It is a very[/i big deal to me,but it doesn't seem to be to them!

I hope your DC enjoy their taster days, my DD's is on Wednesday.

Best Wishes, Proud Mum x2
Glos_Mum

Post by Glos_Mum »

Last edited by Glos_Mum on Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

Well the blazer and PE kit is bought!!!
DS looks so grown up in his blazer-and mum is skint!! And another £15 for the embroidery-she is onto a good thing although I don't envy her doing all those items.Just the normal trousers and shirts to buy-spoke to a CSA mum who said they can have dark grey or black trousers-so it's definitely black here.
Just the meeting on the 15th now-and 2 weeks to go to leavers assembly! :cry:

GM
Burneth

Post by Burneth »

Yes, blazer and PE kit is bought in our house also now :D and we opted to hand most of it back over to the embriodery bunch too! Clearly she has a fancy machine and just programs in the name, but at least it will be neat...something that may not be the case if I had attempted it!

We attempted to buy big but tried on the 32in blazer and couldn't stop laughing, it looked so ridiculously huge on him we had to downsize him a fair bit - still a lot of growing room in it so hopefully will last a year or two. I was pleased to see it was fully washable too!

DS did look very grown up in the blazer - what is happening to our babies?????!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;51;459/st/20080902/e/DS%27s+1st+day+at+senior/k/f5bf/event.png[/img]

PS I am Burneth and I am a lady....!
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

30inch fit him perfectly at the moment-so went for the 32-didn't look too ridiculous thank goodness! They had a slick operation going up there didn't they-wonder how much of the £11k they make as profit!!?
Burneth

Post by Burneth »

I would hope that any profit made is ploughed back into the school, and I would imagine there would be a fair bit..can't see that those polo shirts/shorts/rugby shirts cost that much to produce - did you see the amount of stock in that room?

I suppose buying it through the school means they get the profit instead of a shop so that has to be better, as it will benefit the kids at the end of the day.

It was rather busy when we were there....but have to say having a personal shopper was quite a novelty!!

Just the trousers/shoes/PE trainers and shirts to get now - are you opting for long or short sleeve shirts?
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;51;459/st/20080902/e/DS%27s+1st+day+at+senior/k/f5bf/event.png[/img]

PS I am Burneth and I am a lady....!
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

DS prefers short sleeved-we will see when we go shopping-I would prefer him to have ss as he is rather a HOT boy!!!! :wink:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now