Schools "taster" day

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Pensby

Schools "taster" day

Post by Pensby »

Hi everyone
No one been here much lately but thought you may all pop in today! Just seen DS off in friends car to Calday,he seemed really happy and eager to meet his new class and teachers.

Hope he enjoys it as much as DD who met her best friend on her taster day 3 years ago-- can't believe it was that long ago!! :shock:

Well hope all the boys and girls out there enjoy their days ,I'm sure my DD will be looking out for the little year 6's at West Kirby!

Pensby :lol:
hari

Post by hari »

Hi Pensby

Yes my DD went off to Upton this morning with a rictus grin on her face :lol:

Must say I also have one after induction evening last night....Need to remortgage house methinks. Amenities fund direct debit form. :shock:
NotionPotion

Post by NotionPotion »

DD at Wirral Girls today. Seemed to enjoy it. Girls/teachers seem nice. She particularly liked the canteen!
It's a big day for them all, especially the ones who are the only one or two going from their Primary schools-I really feel for them but they just seem to get on with it I think.
mumster

Post by mumster »

DD also at Wirral Girls today - nervous but excited before going this morning but also enjoyed the day (except for the maths lesson!) It's a big change for all (not least of all us parents) and although only 3 others going from her Primary school (not her closest friends) she was in class with one and made friends with a couple of girls from other schools - but then again she's just like her mum ... she'll talk to anyone!!!
I also agree with hari - it's turning out to be very expensive ... worth every penny though.
:lol:
HopefulDen

Calday visit

Post by HopefulDen »

Hi to all again
My DS was so excited yesterday. He loved it especially chemistry. He was shattered last night particularly as his junior school took them to Barnstondale on the Monday and Tuesday-he looked like he'd been hit by a steam train and volunteered to go to bed early!
Hi to Pensby. I'll pm you and let you know which class my DS is in. We have a problem at the moment as he wants to do Spanish but keep French as he's just won the French cup in his school time to write another letter.....
Denise J
Pensby

Post by Pensby »

Hi Den
Have sent PM, DS also loved Chemistry I guess that's boys for you!!
Enjoyed the day and loved having a school meal,a very healthy sausage,burger and chips !!

He's been put of French by big sis who hates it! I really felt happy that he had such a good day,only a week to go before they break up now !

Pensby
Wallasey

Post by Wallasey »

My DD loved her day at Wirral Girls, although she complained about the (rather nice, I thought) activity they did in maths! Only two have gone there from her school, but they don't seem to mind and are in a class together. She brought home a class photo with the names of the other girls written on it, which I thought was a nice idea.
scatshouse

Post by scatshouse »

Hi all,

My son loved the chemistry too. He can't make up his mind about the language choices though, he wants to take all of them!

I hope the novelty of the canteen wears off, he had bacon, sausage and beans at break and chips and bacon and an apple at lunch! "Because I wasn't really hungry". :shock: .

No worries about him being the only one from his school, he came home with a list of MSN 'addys' and is in touch with half of his form already. He also made friends with a group of older boys who wanted his sister's 'addy'. She was going mad, he reckoned as an afterthought that having the older ones on his side will save him from bullies.

He said he was wishing all day that it wasn't just an induction but his first day there. I think he likes it :D .
HopefulDen

Food

Post by HopefulDen »

Funny our DS all had the same canteen experience. my Ds had a sausgae barm for break and chicken burger and chips and about 20 drinks by the sounds of it. I'll have to supply him with extra fruit as I know if i send it he'll eat it so at least he'll have something healthy in all of the junk!
Denise J
hari

Post by hari »

My dd had Spag Bol and a cookie. Not too bad I thought as I did reckon she would gorge herself on pizza and bacon barms. So felt slightly smug until.....

They all had a current year 7 buddy. Who all bought little gifts for the new incumbents. DD showed me her prezzie of a little teddy. Then her best friend said" ****** got a FAMILY SIZED bar of Galaxy and ate it ALL!!!" :oops:

Good job they do lots of sports there :wink:

Glad every ones kidlets had a great time. I feel slightly jealous of them all if I'm honest , so much to look forward to such fantastic schools and opportunities. May they bloom and grow :D ( if they eat all those sausage barms they will eh?? :lol: )
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now