Denmark appeals success ?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
wilmotclan

Denmark appeals success ?

Post by wilmotclan »

Hi wondered if anyone knows how many Denmark Rd appeals were successful and if that creates spaces at Ribston Hall. DD on waiting list for Ribston
guest87

Post by guest87 »

Hi, I know of one girl who was going to Ribston but was successful for Denmark Rd, so that's one.

Good luck on the waiting list, my daughter is going to Ribston and had a great time at the induction day.
sem

Post by sem »

Hi wilmotclan

Any news on your DD and how the waiting list is moving?

Hope you get good news soon :D
wilmotclan

Post by wilmotclan »

No news as yet waiting for results of my appeal should find out soon
wilmotclan

Post by wilmotclan »

Found out yesterday we lost our appeal, gutted as know one child admitted who didn't pass despite the fact 25 children on the waiting list who did pass !!!!
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

Hi all,
You may be interested in this link to the Schools Admissions Forum minutes of May 2008-see the bit re grammar school places,

http://www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/utili ... iaid=24764

I am really sorry that you didn't succeed in your appeal-hopefully you have a good alternative???

GM
dayn

Post by dayn »

Have you only just found out about your appeal? just curious as we found out three weeks ago from Ribston.
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

So sorry to hear your disappointing news Wilmotclan. You must feel devastated at the moment.
Recently, there have been a lot of posts on this forum which suggest that those children who do not make it into the grammar school do fantastically well at the schools they end up going to. I am sure that your daughter will continue to make you proud.
I hope that you feel more positive soon.
sem

Post by sem »

Wilmotclan, why have you only just found out the result of your appeal? I too thought most people had found out a few weeks ago. Poor you having to wait all this time.

Sorry for your news, I know how you feel as we failed our appeal too :(

Have you had any information regarding whether they are taking anyone from the waiting list now?
wilmotclan

Post by wilmotclan »

HI had late appeal due to complaining about child who didn't pass getting in ahead of 25 who did pass incl my DD. Has still got a good school so not disastrous
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now