Tutor in Hemel, Kings/Abb Langley/Watford?

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
hertsmom

Tutor in Hemel, Kings/Abb Langley/Watford?

Post by hertsmom »

Hi,
My son is really struggling with his English but is great at the maths and verbal reasoning. The trouble is, he has problems understanding the questions in the first place. I am helping him with the rest but can't seem to help with the English as I am worried he may become upset about it and not enjoy it as he is at the moment. I know you aren't allowed to post publicly but any help via PM would be really appreciated.

Thanks!
tense

Post by tense »

Just wondered what schools you are going for? From your location, I'm guessing it's the Herts consortium which only use maths & VR, not English.

I think DAO has an English test though.

T x
hertsmom

Post by hertsmom »

Thanks for replying, Yes - not entirely sure yet but would like him to have the option. My concern is that although he is more than capable of the maths and VR, he struggles to understand the questions. Rather, he mis-reads it or struggles with certain words. I don't think he is dyslexic (although his dad is) although his spelling is awful, I think he is just real daydreamer.. I was just hoping perhaps that a professional may be able to focus him in way I can't. What a useful site!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now