RESULTS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Dans mum

RESULTS

Post by Dans mum »

Can anyone tell me if practice scores such as 76% in vr and 82% in nvr are good enough scores to pass, we still have 7 0r 8 weeks to practice but any comments are welcome xx

ps we are in grantham aiming to get into kings
Ronnie

Post by Ronnie »

Hi - mu daughter sits the exam in September and we have been told that 70% should be enought to pass and there is no need to pass both - so if you get a high score in one and not so high in the other you should be fine - they sound like good scores though.
Dans mum

Post by Dans mum »

thanks for that, it makes me feel abit better.
i seem to be getting more worried and stressed as the time goes on.
which school is your daughter hopeing to get into and how is she getting on with the practice stuff?
Dans mum

Post by Dans mum »

thanks for that, it makes me feel abit better.
i seem to be getting more worried and stressed as the time goes on.
which school is your daughter hopeing to get into and how is she getting on with the practice stuff?
skeggy

Post by skeggy »

I don't know if this is true but I was told if they get a good mark in the NVR they don't tend too take much notice of the VR!!

My daughter takes her 11+ in September and I feel stressed as well which is quiet ridiculous really!
Dans mum

Post by Dans mum »

i hope thats true.
we seem to be going backwards today his marks have gone down think he just didnt want to do anything, he went like that a couple of weeks ago he ad an off day then did really well again. trying to find out if the e-papers or the cd stuff from here is any use for lincs just to give him more variety. :?
my eldest boy passed his 11plus 3 years ago but i am finding second time round more worrying and stressful. :x
how is your child getting on with practiceing? :?:
Dans mum

Post by Dans mum »

i hope thats true.
we seem to be going backwards today his marks have gone down think he just didnt want to do anything, he went like that a couple of weeks ago he ad an off day then did really well again. trying to find out if the e-papers or the cd stuff from here is any use for lincs just to give him more variety. :?
my eldest boy passed his 11plus 3 years ago but i am finding second time round more worrying and stressful. :x
how is your child getting on with practiceing? :?:
skeggy

Post by skeggy »

Very similar to your lad. She can do very well one day then makes the most basic errors the next. Her two elder brothers both past and I do tend to feel she has a lot of stress trying to match her brothers.

It's very difficult because all we want is the best possible start for our off spring but she just feels Dad is moaning at me again!
Dans mum

Post by Dans mum »

suppose all we can do is prepare them the best we can and hope for the best. :P

i have downloaded some e papers from here to see how he goes on them.
when does your girl take hers is it 20th and 27th of september :?:

keep in touch and let me know how she gets on :D
skeggy

Post by skeggy »

I believe the Grammar school releases the papers to the Junior Schools on the 19th and 26th of September respectively. So I suspect the exams will be the following Monday or Tuesday from those dates.

Here the children take the exam in their Junior Schools.