Best 11+ Books

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

yus786

Best 11+ Books

Post by yus786 »

Child exams in Jan 09 and is NFER based.

Looking at various books to 'start' the tutoring but reading up, I'll leave NFER to the end (Maybe even December)

So which ones comes highly recommended for VR, NVR and Maths

I'm thinking about getting the AE range, but have read some good stuff about the BOND and IPS - so dead dead confused.

Thanks for reading
yus786

Post by yus786 »

Wow 169 views and not one advise.

Come on folks...
chad

Post by chad »

HI Yus786,

Not a professional myself but this is from the 11 plus advice on the Home page of this site.

Are certain 11 plus papers better for preparation?

The first thing that you need to find out is which board is setting the selection test for your area or school, and then you will need to know which format they are using, whether it is multiple choice or standard.

If the board is NFER, then IPS, AFN and The Tutors provide good preparation books, as do the NFER papers themselves. If the board is Bond, then they themselves do an extensive range of eleven plus books which can be used. Most publishers write their papers in both the formats available without actually changing their questions.

I know there are also interactive cd's available from this site that take you through all the NFER types.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will be able to pick this up :oops:

I will have a hunt round for some old posts that may have more detail...
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Jus

I 'missed' your post.

I can only help for VR, however I need to know whether its Multiple Choice or Standard?

Patricia
yus786

Post by yus786 »

Thanks for the reply.

It's Multiple Choice and the board is NFER.

I have just ordered the AE range books by Stephen Currie just to kick start the tutoring - as i believe this is a fairly easy one to get your teeth in.

Regards
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Yus

VR by NFER in M/C format, take a look at the following link, I would always start with IPS...

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... php?t=4782

Patricia
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now