The day has finally arrived...!

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Ed's mum

The day has finally arrived...!

Post by Ed's mum »

Well, after a LONG wait Ed finally starts at his new school tomorrow!

As a 'sweatshirt' (he and a new friend refer to those children who haven't been to an independent school and wear sweatshirts rather than shirt and tie!!!) he suddenly realised tonight that he has swimming as his second lesson tomorrow and could not tie his tie - never worn one to school before!. That was rather last minute and stressful!!

He is now in the land of nod and oblivious to all the last minute preparations. Of course darling husband is also tucked up in bed. Just me stressing about the day tomorrow then!!
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Good luck to him (and you!)

Quite a few state Primary schools round here wear ties ..... :lol:
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Yes, there was nothing meant by it. I teach in a very deprived primary school and the children there wear shirts and ties. It is Ed's word!! I think he just feels a little overwhelmed and he DID stand out during the entrance exams, in comparison with the privately educated children with their blazers, whilst wearing a cheap, nasty sweatshirt
mad?

Post by mad? »

Good luck to you and your DS and get some sleep! My DS started last week having never worn a school uniform of any sort. Struggled on the first morning and then kept it on until bedtime on the first night as a neighbour was coming over and she wanted to show it to her. I guess the novelty will wear off but at the moment I am struggling to get her out of it! I suppose that's the thing about kids - they are more resilient and adaptable than we are! I didn't a good night's sleep for the first two nights but now feel like I am more than ready...
mad?
laid back son worried mum

Post by laid back son worried mum »

ImageGOOD LUCK, Master Ed, hope you have a bri11iant day and a wonderful time at your new school!

My kiddos used to do their ties up anew after PE changes
but have now resorted to the fast way so as to get to the lunch queues quicker!!

They don't completely undo the tie....

just loosen it slowly and make sure the thin end does not come through the knot, pu11 over head and readjust by tightening when putting it back on.

In fact, they leave their ties 'done up' (as in pic) on their blazer hangers when they come home and slip them on in the mornings.

They only get undone for washing at the weekends.
Ambridge

Post by Ambridge »

Masses of good luck to Master Ed.....don't forget that 'first day' photo in your garden, in his full uniform with no silly faces and a huge smile :lol:

Look forward to hearing that he has had a ball

Ambridge x
Burneth

Post by Burneth »

The very best of luck on your first day Master Ed!

My DS is loving his new school and is having a ball..I really hope all other DC are enjoying the beginning of Year 7 as much.
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;51;459/st/20080902/e/DS%27s+1st+day+at+senior/k/f5bf/event.png[/img]

PS I am Burneth and I am a lady....!
NotionPotion

Post by NotionPotion »

LBSWM:-Brilliant tip!
laid back son worried mum

Post by laid back son worried mum »

NotionPotion wrote:LBSWM:-Brilliant tip!
They did learn and know how to tie a tie themselves (a11 summer with an old tie) and can do one up if it comes undone.

The tie gets done very smartly on Sunday evening after bags are packed and checked; the knot has to be good and the length just so, to prevent accidenta11y being pu11ed apart...

saves so much time in the morning :roll: .. just a matter of seconds to readjust the tie.

*Special word for Ambridge: readjust ( for your compound words)
READ JUST

wonder where Master Ed took his 'First Day at school in Fu11 Uniform with huge smile and no funny faces Pic' ?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

laid back son worried mum wrote:ImageGOOD LUCK, Master Ed, hope you have a bri11iant day and a wonderful time at your new school!

My kiddos used to do their ties up anew after PE changes
but have now resorted to the fast way so as to get to the lunch queues quicker!!

They don't completely undo the tie....

just loosen it slowly and make sure the thin end does not come through the knot, pu11 over head and readjust by tightening when putting it back on.

In fact, they leave their ties 'done up' (as in pic) on their blazer hangers when they come home and slip them on in the mornings.

They only get undone for washing at the weekends.
LOL - I remeber doing that!!! Also remember DS having to help all the year 3s when they first went swimming, running round doing up ties...
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now