Bishop Vesey Sutton Coldfield

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Pepper2

Post by Pepper2 »

Has anyone got any useful advice to help me prepare my son for the entrance exams for this school?
Andy

Bishop vesy test

Post by Andy »

Hi

Can anyone clarify whether the test is multiple choice or standard.
I received details from LEA stating it would be standard version, however, on the open evening I spoke to a teacher and she said it was maths standard and the rest multiple choice. I would really appreciate any ideas/suggestions.

much obliged

Post by Guest »

I had the same problem at the open day. On the Bishop Vesey's website it does state it is all standard - but I was told Multiple choice. I asked if they answered in separate booklets but was told no.
Sham

Post by Sham »

Hi all!!

Goodluck to everyone going for the Bishop Vesey test tomorrow.

Sham

Post by Guest »

Thank Goodness it is over at last. What did every think? They changed the format for non-verbal according to son - 2 sections of 20 questions in 12 minutes.
Sham

Post by Sham »

I found the whole ordeal very emotional after leaving my son, its silly but I couldnt help the tears. I felt it was a great hurdle for our children to go through, after all they are only ten.

My son said the test wasnt as hard as he expected, he finished with time left to check the papers. 50 maths questions, 45 VR questions and two sections of NVR.

Glad its over, 1 down 1 to go....as my son says "bring it on"

Sham

Post by Guest »

I must admit - I felt awful this morning putting him through this. My son also did not find it too bad though he said a couple of tricky questions on maths! What a horrible long wait until March - I am very envious of the areas that let you know if they have passed or not. Birmingham LEA need to get realistic!!!!!!
Pepper2

Post by Pepper2 »

Well done everyone !!! I too am glad this one is over. My son also found it straightforward with tricky ones in the Maths. He is now feeling much more confident.............maybe a little too confident for the KEF, which I have seen from this forum, is another kettle of fish. But we will bask in it while we can.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now