part 5 of the learning together e-paper

Advice on 11 Plus NVR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
shellie_eeyore

part 5 of the learning together e-paper

Post by shellie_eeyore »

hi there im slightly confused the 5th part in the epaper that i purchased from this site is fractions
ie What fraction is shaded in each of the figures below?
Circle your answer OR mark your answer on the answer sheet provided.
is this one of the types of question as i havent seen fractions in any of the work i have done with my son so far
thanks in advance for your help
the 5 parts that are on this epaper are
In each row below there are six figures. Which figure is the odd one out in this group and most unlike the other five?
Look at the five figures below. Find the two figures that are exactly the same.
Anologies: In each row below the first shape on the left is related in some way to the second
shape. (They are separated by an arrow.) In the same way the third shape is related to one shape from the remaining five shapes. Chose which of the five shapes goes with the third shape to make a pair.
Which shape is the same but facing the opposite direction..
are these the right 5 types of question? i have ordered the nfer test papers but as yet they have not arrived (been waiting 6 days now!) so thought id download this to be getting on with but dont want to waste sons time.
Alex

Post by Alex »

I have not seen these papers so cannot tell how different they are from the NfER ones but they do not sound as though they are similar enough for last-week practice.
There are no NfER questions to do with the fraction of a shape that is shaded.
There are no "find the figures that are exactly the same"

There are questions which ask you to pick the shape which should go in a 2x2 or 3x3 grid to complete the blank square.
There are "most similar" questions, and "most unlike" questions.
There are Code questions of two different sorts
There are questions which ask you to pick the shape which is related to another shape in the same way as the previous two shapes are related
There are "fill in the blank square in a sequence" questions.

The AFN papers follow the same types and so do the downloadable elevenplusexams NVR papers which might be your best bet at this stage. Hope the NfER papers arrive!