Items for exam day

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
resmum

Items for exam day

Post by resmum »

What items can the child take into the exam room. I'm assuming pencil, sharpener, rubber and ruler - or are these provided?

Are they allowed any other items such as water?

Thanks

Re: Items for exam day

Post by Guest »

resmum wrote:What items can the child take into the exam room. I'm assuming pencil, sharpener, rubber and ruler - or are these provided?

Thanks

I know in Essex they are not allowed a rubber for the VR. The school provided a drink and biscuit at the break before the VR test.
SJ

Re: Items for exam day

Post by SJ »

resmum wrote:What items can the child take into the exam room. I'm assuming pencil, sharpener, rubber and ruler - or are these provided?

Thanks
Best to check with the school/location that the exam is being sat at. In lincs, they were allowed pencils and a drink of water in a sports bottle. Some took a clear pencil case in with their pencils and pencil sharpener in, but the school did provide pencils to those who had none.
resmum

Rubbers!

Post by resmum »

I can't believe that they are not allowed to use a rubber. How do they correct mistakes, particularly with the computerised marking when crossing out is not an option.

Can anyone clarify?
Thanks

resmum
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Resmum

Each school/county will have their own rules and regulations. Essex I must assume does not have an optical reader to mark the questions, marked by hand therefore need to see all workings. Bucks is marked by an OR therefore MUST rub out.

I tell my students to take in a few pencils, a sharpener and a GOOD rubber. Best to have a few pencils, do not have to keep sharpening, wasting time.

Patricia
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now