Pencil Sharpeners

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
badder dadder

Pencil Sharpeners

Post by badder dadder »

Is my child allowed to take in a pencil sharpener? Or spare pencils? What if he needs to sharpen his pencil during the exam? Will he get extra time? What will he do with the pencil sharpenings, or must we only send ones with attached pots? Will there be bins available on the day? Other children sharpening their pencils might distract him. Perhaps I will just send him with a pen to make matters easier.
Rugbymum

Post by Rugbymum »

:lol: :lol: is the stress getting to you?
Bad Dad

Post by Bad Dad »

Hi badder dadder - Sorry I have wound you up with my stoopid obsessive posts! I'll shut up now.
stacey's mom

Post by stacey's mom »

Hi badder dadder,

You poor man, you really do sound very stressed. Ive always found doing some sort of exercise is really helpful with the old nerves and stress. I do a lot of yoga in my spare time and works wonders on my stress levels especially during times like this. If you are interested, I hold a yoga class every Thursday evening at my house. Just send me an email if you are interested.

As for the pencil matter, I think your idea of taking a pen would be the best solution.

Take care and try not to stress too much.

Bye. :D
laid back son worried mum

Re: Pencil Sharpeners

Post by laid back son worried mum »

Is my child allowed to take in a pencil sharpener?
yes
Or spare pencils?
yes
What if he needs to sharpen his pencil during the exam?
shouldn't need to, just a sharp brain wi11 work we11 for exams.
but if you have to go, you have to go.
Will he get extra time?
no.
What will he do with the pencil sharpenings,
put them in his pocket where they usua11y go.
or must we only send ones with attached pots?

'semi detached' or 'detached' might eventua11y happen so..
Will there be bins available on the day?
security i55ues forbid the use of bins
Other children sharpening their pencils might distract him.
most children chew and not sharpen.
Perhaps I will just send him with a pen to make matters easier.
check exam regulations if pen, spare pen, pen with attached rubber, pen with cartridge.etc etc a11owed.

I need to book a yoga cla55 but can only do Wednesdays.

I am not stre55ed, rea11y.
badder dadder

Post by badder dadder »

Nothing against you Bad Dad, and no need to apologise. It is important to think these things through to give our children the best possible chance.

Worried Mum you are right. My son has a cartridge pen but I am concerned about the complicating factors with which this may present during the examinations, and you only have one shot at this. Will it leak, will it run out, will it smudge, will he get extra time if he needs to change ink, what if he changes from black to blue, or blue to black, what if the cartridge won't fit (they are awfully fiddly), what if he erases and cannot re-write, what if he erases the questions from the paper?? :) Perhaps a feather would be a more practical choice!

Stacey's Mom, I would love to join you for a spot of yoga. Whereabouts are you situated? South or East of the county? Perhaps our budding Harvard students could revise together! Downstairs of course :lol: :lol:

Badder Dadder,

I thought Bad Dad was bad but you are badder!

You must be more related to Stre55ed Dad, if it is at a11 po55ible to be related to another person in cybersapce..

Or maybe you are related to forty other Dads or Dad40..I think you should peruse the memberlist to check if you have a long lost relative.

Yoga se55ions at stacey's mom's wi11 be very crowded...

I hope she has enough mats/mates/relatives.

Is this sufficiently off topic to be repatriated?? :lol: :lol:
badder dadder

Post by badder dadder »

You're right the yoga sessions will be popular! Speaking of which, has Stacey's Mom disappeared? I hope she isn't retracting her offer now I've bought my lycra all in one :wink:

badder dadder wrote:I've bought my lycra all in one :wink:
speaking of which, you might like to ponder on what your child should be wearing for the exams to maximise comfort.

A fitted waistband might be restrictive to a rotund tummy after a hearty breakfast/lunch (and banana on way to school) and polyester can be quite irritating when sweaty. 100% cotton might be most absorbent in the pre55urised conditions of the exam but 'dyed or undyed' might play a factor, not considering the source of said cotton garment as we do have to worry about leaving our carbon footprint in this day and age.

You might have to forego the yoga le55ons to attend to these matters.

Do you have a receipt for your lycra to facilitate returns?
badder dadder

Post by badder dadder »

Too right Worried Mum. Clothing is super duper important! Will the room be cold, hot, draughty, stuffy?

Little Rupert-Hugo will just have to go clad in his usual school attire. A shirt that says on it 'When I grow up I want to be an Oxbridge Graduate' (one can dream!) and breeches.

Where ARE you Stacey's Mom? Time to step in methinks!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now