11+ pass mark. Bucks.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
batty

11+ pass mark. Bucks.

Post by batty »

Hi all,

I feel I may be going over old ground, but as a new member I hope you will forgive me. :D

Could someone please advise me on an approximate pass mark for the 11+ in Bucks. My daughter has just brought home 3 completed school practice tests with scores of 84%, ( a nervous 1st test we think), 88% and finally 94%.

She has been using NferNelson papers and consistently scoring 97% which we were encouraged with. I am aware it all comes down "to the day", but would really apprecaite any help.

Thanking you in advance,

anxious mum!!
andyb

Post by andyb »

The pass mark is a standardized score of 121. The way I understand it a child needs to be scoring approximately 90% to pass. A lot depends on the childs birth date - September borns will need to score higher than August borns.
batty

Post by batty »

Thank you for your reply andyb,

She is a Sept baby.
Hopefully we are on the right track then, fingers crossed anyway.......

With Thanks, :D

Batty.
(Anxious Mum)
bucks mum1

Post by bucks mum1 »

Last year 69/80 would have got a September baby a pass. Somebody got their marks under freedom of information and just got 121 with that score and a September birthday - although I know it can change from year to year.
Road Runner

Mel x

Post by Road Runner »

So do we think the 86% is more relevant for older children??

Mel
bucks mum1

Post by bucks mum1 »

Yes I guess around 64/80 would be OK for a summer birthday but as we keep being told by those much wiser (Patricia, Sally Ann) it depends on the cohort and knowing our luck it will be a particularly brainy one this year....
andyb

Post by andyb »

I hope the lower score applies to younger children :wink: . We have had quite a yucky last few tests and while I will still insist to DS that he can't afford to get more than 10 wrong it is reassuring that he should be OK with 15 wrong. He seems to have completely lost the plot recently - we always knew he would struggle with the vocab (his spelling is atrocious) but he's no longer making educated guesses - we've had compound words "stair-ring" and "car-less" when there were more obvious guesses :roll: and he still won't check his work despite finishing with 5-10 minutes to spare :x
Road Runner

mel x

Post by Road Runner »

Hello again Bucks mum

Thats the thing isn't it everthing depends on the cohort.

You see I'm all over the place now

Keep Calm Keep Calm

mx
njg

Post by njg »

It would be good to establish (somehow) what percentage of this years cohort are summer born. Presumably if there is a high percentage of summer borns it will have little affect on the pass mark - or am i completely mad and delirious because i'm going out of my mind thinking about passmarks, cohorts and ****** verbal reasoning!
Road Runner

Mel x

Post by Road Runner »

I guess even if we knew that we would still want to know more.

Basically we all want someone to say YES they will pass we all want to know what is in 'THAT TEST!!!'. We all want to get back to normal and we all need sleep

There should be a special place that we all go to until its all over. we shouldn't haveto deal with everyday things like work as they are just too hard to deal with right now.

And yes we need wine

I'm off to REHAB where my insanity and Ranting is the usual.

Fell free to join me

:wink:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now