What is a suggested bedtime for a girl who is nearlly 11

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

vetgal

What is a suggested bedtime for a girl who is nearlly 11

Post by vetgal »

Hello again
Well it does what it says on the tin What is a good bedtime for a girl who is 11 in december.

As you can see it is quite late now but there you go it prooves my point oh and say i got up at one of the following:-
7:00am
7:15am
7:30am
or 7:45am
WHAT IS A GOOD TIME TO GO TO BED

P.S-no one ask me if i am a child cos i have been asked that about 4 times. :D
Emma
laid back son worried mum

Post by laid back son worried mum »

it does what it says on the tin
what tin are you talking about, dear?

If you are talking about REHAB, you should go to bed now because you must be a bit tired to read it wrong.

You need to sleep as you have an exam in a couple of days.
surreymum

Post by surreymum »

8.30pm on a school night because you are a child
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Emma

Nice to see you back, although it's a bit late for you to be up isn't it? :lol:

My 10 year old goes to bed at 8.30 pm. For an 11 year old I would say 9pm.

If you wake up at around 7pm, you will then get around 10 hours sleep, which I have read is the recommended number of hours for your age group.

You may differ a little from that, but it shouldn't be less than 9 hours sleep.

Even if you can't get to sleep at 9pm, go to bed and read. You are resting at least, and it's better than being on the internet!

I hope you get the results you are wishing for!

Sally-Anne

P.S. LBSWM - Kent test is done and dusted! You need to crawl out of the pea-souper that are mired in! :lol:
laid back son worried mum

Post by laid back son worried mum »

P.S. LBSWM - Kent test is done and dusted! You need to crawl out of the pea-souper that are mired in!
hmm. I don't know why I thought vetgal was doing the Bucks exam. One mistake and you are scarred for life. :(

anyhow, Emma, exam or no exam, 10.00pm is too late.
Hope you are not up reading this.. :lol: :lol:
clarendon

Post by clarendon »

Hi my daughter was was 11 at beginning of Sept goes to bed approx 9pm. She wakes about 7.30am, except when she does her hair in braids and then manages to get out of bed at 6.30am as it takes so long to do!!

Hope you exams went well.
Best Wishes
Clarendon
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

I am not woth a thing after about 9 o clock and I am coonsiderably older than 11
twellsmum

Post by twellsmum »

My DD was ten in May. She (and her siblings aged 8, 6 and 3) are in their rooms by soon after 8pm. The three year old is in bed lights off at 7.45 (later than I would like but difficult to get to a "normal" three yaer old bedtime with the others' evening activities). Six year old is allowed to read for ten minutes. The other two can read until nine. My ten year old often gets up at 6.15am with me to walk the dog. The eight year old is an insomniac though and also a bookworm so sometimes I find she has sneaked the light on and is still reading at ten. She bounces out of bed in the morning so suspect she is like me and does not need as much sleep as other children of that age do! I agree with the others, Vetgal, 10pm is much too late for a child of your age to be up and especially on the computer! :lol:
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

my (just) 11 year old goes to bed at 9 pm - school night or not, we need space from her as well as she needs to rest and sleep.

On VERY EXCEPTIONAL occasions (ie: birthdays) and during holidays she will have sleepovers - during this time it's accepted they go to sleep when they go to sleep (usually between midnight and 3 am!!!!).

I still need my sleep and try to be fast asleep by 11 pm at the latest, and unfortunately I'm a LOT older than 11 :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
vetgal

Post by vetgal »

laid back son worried mum wrote:
it does what it says on the tin
what tin are you talking about, dear?

If you are talking about REHAB, you should go to bed now because you must be a bit tired to read it wrong.

You need to sleep as you have an exam in a couple of days.
Hi laid back son worried mum when I say it does what it says on the tin I was using a figure of speech because I was saying my post is what it says lol and I have already done my 11+ tests I am just waiting for the results.
Emma
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now