Reading Boys

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Kendrick mum

Reading Boys

Post by Kendrick mum »

Hi

I am just thinking to start the brainwashing :oops: oops sorry the motivation process with my son for Reading boys. I know i've missed the open evening but are there any other events i.e. xmas fayre etc perhaps that I could gate crash?

Thanks

KM
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

Hi KM,

Only open event is the PTA Spring Fayre and then probably an open evening in July. Their are some concerts, have a look at the calendar on the school website. Most Saturday mornings you can wander up the drive and watch sports.

I took my year four boy to the September open evening, we only stayed thirty minutes, looked at the fun stuff displays in Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Technology ( he wants to be a scientist ) he was very keen. :)

DS2 and his classmates are already talking about secondary schools, one school is very popular in the playground because you get to play golf. I have also used the Reading school history, nearly 900 hundred years old, about the same age as Dr Who :wink:

steve
Kendrick mum

Reading Boys

Post by Kendrick mum »

Hi Stevew61,

Thanks for that, we have time on our side, so will look out for spring fayre and open day next year.

I'll try using the Dr Who connection and anything else that might work- just joking! :D

KM
Torrylee

Boarding

Post by Torrylee »

Anybody who is considering the boarding option might be interested in the latest OFSTED inspection of the boarding provision which can now be accessed via the school website.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now