Wirral LEA sending misleading information????

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
The Tutors

Wirral LEA sending misleading information????

Post by The Tutors »

Wirral LEA, this week, have been sending NFER familiarization papers to out of area children, (well done to them).

BUT, the papers are of a format that contain the six extra question types used by Bucks.

Wirral LEA schools are selling STANDARD NFER familiarization papers to parents, and depending on the politics of individual schools are preparing children for the STANDARD test.

So, are Wirral LEA going to use Bucks style NFER 11+ tests and are not telling schools? (probably not)

Is Wirral LEA sending misleading information to out of area parents giving them the impression that the Wirral test is more difficult than it actually is and wasting children's time in preparing to answer questions that they will not see???

Post by Guest »

Do you know the outcome of this query for the 11 plus test last November? I have been in contact with Wirral to get clarification of which question types will be used in this year's tests, and was told they use a standard NFER test.

I don't want to practice areas that aren't on the test, but also don't want to miss anything out that is!
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Guest

Yes, Wirral did include those extra types [ HIKNOS as defined by IPS] The papers are now identical to Bucks

So, papers which reflect the real NFER tests are

AFN,IPS, [same types of question but do not 'look like the real test]

Papers that contain the right types AND look like the real thing Susan Daughtrey [ ONLY her BRIGHT SPARKS SERIES....DO NOT buy her books !-7....irrelevant for Bucks and the Wirral]

Nfer [which publish the real test] should also be used, but they are minus HIKNOS. make sure you still practice these along side nfer tests.

You can take a look at the Bucks section where you will find various, helpful threads Free help,

Any questions just ask

Patricia
Fiona/Jan

Wirral Lea

Post by Fiona/Jan »

Hi,

Wirral Lea last year sent out practise/familiarisation packs to schools, but failed to mention that they are adding slightly different types of questions; although they would say you don't need to practise for our test, what utter rubbish I would defy anyone to sit this exam with out a good few months/weeks of prep, especially those children with a disability as Wirral do not make reasonable adjustments for this.
I would strongly urge any parent of a child who has a disability to notify Wirral Lea before they sit the exam and that there child needs extra time to complete this exam and state that failing to give reasonable adjustments before the exam is breaking the DDA laws.If you fail to mention this before the exam they try to wriggle out of there obligations. I hope no other family will have to go through the expense and anxiety we/ our child has had to go through to get him into a school that is right for him. :evil:

Fiona
Jo

HIKNOS

Post by Jo »

Hi. I'm afraid Im new to all this but could someone please tell me whether Lincolnshire uses the additional HIKNOS types?

Thanks

A confused Jo