Fi, DH and DS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lancashire & Cumbria

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Lancaster_Girls

Fi, DH and DS

Post by Lancaster_Girls »

Just a quick congratulation to your DS aswell as you and husband. (Saw your reply on the other thread). How many boys sat the exam?

We were shocked to receive the letter today as we were told it would be Friday. Absolutely delighted that DD passed - we too are celebrating with wine!

Today has made all the stress worth while!
TraffordMum

Post by TraffordMum »

Congratulations!

We are expecting the results for our daughter (for Altrincham Girls' Grammar) tomorrow. Eeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Lancaster_Girls

Thanks Trafford Mum - my daughter fell in love with the school (as did we)! As we were out of catchment we really didn't know what to expect with the results.

Fingers crossed for you tomorrow - let us know how it goes!

Hopefully there will be celebrations for you too.
fi

Post by fi »

Thank you and congratulations to your dd she must have done really well because you were out of catchment weren't you? I am SO glad we found out early it makes such a difference. I've already filled in ds' CAF online although we don't know about Ripley entrance yet but ds really wants to go to the Grammar. Apparently there were 300 boys there on the day and they have given out 70 places in the first round. My friend's daughter has got into the girls' grammar and another friend's daughter went in September. She loves it.
Aah isn't it nice to know! Hope the news was good for everyone else.
Fi
Lancaster_Girls

At first when I heard they had brought the Entrance Exam forward I was horrifed - two months less to practise! But now I really appreciate the thought behind it as we seem to have the earliest results and there is no worrying for months until March (as my friend did last year).
There were 260 girls who sat the Entrance Exam so i really am pleased.
You must be really pleased, your son has done so well. To gain one of the places out of the first round is fantastic.
My daughters friend from school has also passed which is fantastic as the school they attend is quite a small village school.
Does your son know of anyone who has got through so far?
TraffordMum

Post by TraffordMum »

Hip hip hooray! Success in Trafford for my daughter :D
Lancaster_Girls

That is absolutely fantastic - congratulation to you DD and also to you.

Time to celebrate! :D
Bougalou

Post by Bougalou »

well done all, we have another week and a bit to go, - not many nails left!!
Bouga
fi

Post by fi »

Congratulations to your dd Trafford mum! You can all relax now.
My Ds was the only one to take the test from his tiny primary school but he will hopefully know children from cubs/ swimming/cricket etc and he's not at all bothered about going it alone! His friends from school will all be going to Ripley.
Fi
TraffordMum

Post by TraffordMum »

Thanks, guys.

Good luck in N Yorks, Bougalou.