12+ Answer Sheet

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

in Turmoil

12+ Answer Sheet

Post by in Turmoil »

Hi

Sally-Anne or anyone out there! Have read the stickies, excuse me for being stupid! But I cannot quite grasp how the 12+ differs from the 11+ in the way the answer sheet is set up?

Please would someone be so kind as to explain exactly how it is different?

Thank you
In Turmoil
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi I.T.

I always make a hash of trying to describe the 12+ answer paper, but I'll have a go. Doubtless Patricia will mosey along and put me right as required!

For the 11+ the child has the 5 potential answers on the sheet, and they draw apencil line in the box next to the correct answer.

For the 12+ the answers are not shown on the answer sheet, merely the letter name of the answer, and there are no boxes for the pencil line. The answers appear as in the following examples:

1. [A] [C] [D] [E]

2. [A] [C] [X] [Y] [Z]

The child must draw a pencil line across the letter of the correct answer.

I thought you weren't going for the 12+? :?:

Best wishes
Sally-Anne
in Turmoil

12+ answer sheet

Post by in Turmoil »

Oh Sally-Anne thanks you are a star now I get it!

Yes you are right we weren't going to go for it but DD got all level 5A's in her Sats and has now asked to take the test!

I think if she is that determined we should let her do it and there won't be any of the presssure of last time as nobody (well apart from you!) will know that she is taking it!

Thanks again
In Turmoil
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

The deadline for registering is fast approaching ... presumably you have seen the dates have been brought forward?
in Turmoil

Post by in Turmoil »

Yes I have seen that, thanks for alerting me. Feb half term dosen't seem that far away!

Thanks
In Turmoil
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Look carefully at the (pathetic) examples you get sent - we did not realise that would be the format of the ACTUAL test. It puts in an extra stage of decoding as in the 11+ you can answer some e.g. missing word, from the answer sheet more easily than the question paper.

However, saying all that, the 12+ is worth it :D
Lynsey

12+

Post by Lynsey »

Hello, In Turmoil,

I'm pleased to see that you are considering the 12+. My daughter sat this test and we haven't looked back; it has been the best thing for her.

However, I just thought I'd let you know (which you probably do already...sorry I have not read all the postings this year - my youngest child sat 11+ last academic year!) that after all the heartache and discussion about whether or not to attempt the 12+, it is actually up to your child's school whether or not he or she is allowed to sit the test! It might be worth checking that the teachers are in a position to support your opinion that your child would be suitable for a grammar school.

Best of luck to you all,
Lynsey
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Lynsey - it's isn't up to the school.

Parents apply and admissions look at the report from the school and the KS2 levels; they then decide if testing is appropriate. You can appeal against that decision - if your child has 3 levels 5s or 2 level 5s and a 4 it is unlikely you would lose an appeal against refusal to test.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now