Results...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

skeggy

Results...

Post by skeggy »

Well much to my surprise when I got home from taking the little one to school the 11+ results where on the door mat. We were informed that Skegness Grammar School wouldn't be sending their results out until the 21st October.

So with shaky hand I opened the letter and I'm delighted to say my daughter has passed.

The entrance form has been now sent in via the on-line application and now we can relax and just wait until the 3rd March for the letters to be sent out offering places.

I hope everyone else has had the same great news as us this morning. My poor old daughter has no idea as she was at school when the results came. She knows they are here as two off her friends have already received theirs, so I bet she is chomping at the bit to get home and find out.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Well done to your daughter Skeggy. That is brilliant news. Our post rarely arrives before 5pm!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

I heard last night that some of the Lincolnshire results had landed on the mats a day early!!! - wondered if it was one of those "out of area" quirks again so didsn't say anything on here in case others hadn't heard yet.....

Good thing though for all the parents and DCs expecting a night of chewed finger nails and morning of following the postman round!

Congrats to Skeggy and all those who get good news in Lincs
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

.... oops and mega congrats to Skeggy's DD too!!!!
Alex

Post by Alex »

Don't know about "out of area" quirks - it seems to happen every year that some get the results rather earlier than the published date. I know some had them yesterday and some of those were from Community Schools who one would think would follow the rules more closely!

We got ours - post surpassed itself - it has not been arriving until after 5 in the evening for the past couple of weeks but got here early today.

Success!!
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

Congratulations!

She deserves a big treat!

as do you for going through it all :lol:
Alex

Post by Alex »

Thanks Yo-Yo. They will get a super big creamy cake for everyone to share tonight! No more 11 plus for us, thank goodness. These were number 3 and 4. Can't say I am sorry not to have to go through it again!
chad

Post by chad »

Congratulations to the skeggy and Alex 11plussers.

Alex... was it a double success? If so what a relief for you... double the worry, double the celebration.
laid back son worried mum

Post by laid back son worried mum »

Image Congratulations, Alex, skeggy and your industrious DC on the results. Very we11 done. Extra Double cream for a11!!

Good luck to those sti11 waiting to get their magic envelopes.
One Down

Post by One Down »

Well done to all of you successful graduates from the 'School of 11+ Stress' over in Lincolnshire! How relieved and delighted you must be at the result of all your hard work.

Guess that puts us Kentites squarely next in the firing line on Tuesday..... :shock:. Oh what a blessing it must have been to come home and find the results on the mat EARLY!!!

Skeggy-how have you managed to not rush up to school to tell your daughter?? Person of steel!

Congrats to all your hard-working little ones. May there be many more celebrations to follow this year.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now