Next weeks results!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
shuff

Next weeks results!

Post by shuff »

Am I the only one out here biting my nails, getting myself into a frenzy waiting for next weeks results? I go to school with my son every day and avoid any eye contact with the head just in case I misinterpret his expressions. Pitiful I know. I wasn't half this bad when my first did it 4 years ago. It's the NVR result I'm most worried about!!!!
tonbridgemum

Post by tonbridgemum »

Oh shuff...how relieved i am that someone else is feeling the pressure and has posted...was too embarrassed to admit how anxious i am feeling. :(
I am convinced my DS has had books taken for appeal which adds to the pressure.
This time next week we will be on here sharing our joy or tears. The saddest part if DS 'fails' will be trying to explain that although he didnt get the marks, he did all he could. Hard for a ten year old to comprehend isnt it? :?
One Down

Post by One Down »

Count me in! Had to go into school today and skulked in the office hoping no teachers would come in! As far as I can work out from gentle probing, no books seem to have disappeared - could be good or bad.

Even worse, the postman didn't come at all today (well, there was no mail anyway.) maybe he's having Tuesdays off now? Or leaving all the letters in a bush? Endless possibilities for the anxious mind........!
Mum007

Post by Mum007 »

I'm here!

I thought that I wouldn't log on so much after the 11+ had been taken, but even taking the website off my bookmark list doesn't deter me.

All of the children who took the 11+ had their books taken at my DS's school. It's so you can't tell either way. So stop worrying about that one right now!!!!

The teacher won't talk to me or make eye contact with me - fortunately I only go in one day a week to collect him.

I agree that it will be very difficult to tell my DS if he has failed. I keep on reminding him that he tried his very best and he couldn't have done more. I do a lot of journalling and I have now shown him something I wrote about how proud I was of him etc etc. He thought that we would be cross if he failed but after reading what I wrote he's OK about it.

We visited another two grammar schools today - it just makes me even more anxious because I loved them both. I really want them as part of our choice.

Take care everyone.
shuff

Post by shuff »

I have experienced both sides of the 11+. One DD passing highly, getting into TGS, the other failing V.133 NV.134 M.106. We appealed but it was rejected even with the sibling rule at the time. However, my eldest loves TGS with all the challenges and my middle one is extremely happy at our local comprehensive. She is very musical and sporty and has thrived there. If she had made it to TGS she would have been lost in the crowd.
What will be will be and it usually works out for the best.
dadoftwo

Post by dadoftwo »

Long time lurker here, but am definately in the same boat! My son came home from school yesterday saying that their books had finally been returned. Each child in his class that sat the test had their books removed, I guess to mask the appeals.

Unfortunately when the books were returned, some of them had staples left on their books! :shock: The kids quickly spotted these and started to compare, some had two or three books with staples, others had none! It's crazy, the question now buzzing around school is what does the staple indicate?!! :roll:

Well, we'll find out in a weeks time... tick tock tick tock!
Gercha

Post by Gercha »

I'm with you guys. I just can't stop thinking about those results. I even spoke to my ds Headteacher today just to make sure that she'll be around next Tuesday so I can definintely get his scores - talk about planning ahead.
tonbridgemum

Post by tonbridgemum »

Woh dadoftwo, the staple thing must have really unnerved everyone in his class! My son's writing book 'disappeared' (he says no one elses did, but i know.... :wink: ) and has yet to turn up. I wont be able to resist the 'staple' question if it turns up now!!!
Our Headteacher is certainly keeping a low profile. Wise women!
twellsmum

Post by twellsmum »

Biting the nails over here on teh far side of the county too! Went to a meeting tonight about skiing school trip and talked to both a Y6 teacher and also the deputy HM (we don't have a head ATM anyway). Neither of them were looking at me pityingly! But then again with 50 children sitting the 11+ would you remember all of those who had passed/failed?

Bizarrely though we have five teachers or TAs who have children who sat the 11+ (one Y6 teacher, one Y4 teacher, one Y1 teacher, one Y5/6 TA and one Y1/Y2 TA). I wonder if they know how their child has done. Surely the Y6 teacher must know (she does not teach her daughter's class but taught one of the current Y6 classes last year and another one this year so must be involved in HT appeals if there are any). The Y5/Y6 TA assures me she does not know but she might just be a good actor.

Oh roll on next week!
best for son

Post by best for son »

Hi there,

I am feeling exactly the same and just can't wait for the letter to arrive. I am having nightmares about all the mums in the playground, proudly announcing DC's pass results and being the only mum out there quickly directing DS home to give the bad news!

I also agree what will be will be, but just want it to be over. Just a mention to Tonbridge mum. I have told my DS that this year the entry level has been higher than ever before and therefore the pass scores will undoubtably be higher this time. I explained that therefore even if he fails it does not mean he is any less able and will still do well wherever he goes.

They have all been under so much pressure and our children should all be really proud of themselves for all the hard work they have put in.

Keeping everything crossed for everyone!! Roll on Oct 21

Love best for son