How Sad Am I?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Snowdrops

How Sad Am I?

Post by Snowdrops »

With all this anticipation of results - for some it's today and others it's tomorrow (or even next week), I've gotten myself into a right old state of excitement! (and agony).

My dd's results are posted tomorrow (despite my ticker running out today :oops: ) but with everyone saying over the past week that some results have been posted out early, together with my being away for 1 week as from Saturday (when dd's results should plop onto the doorstep) I have been hoping and praying for an early posting so I know before I go (IYSWIM :lol: :lol: ).

The postman arrived today and oh joy of joy, a brown envelope - runs to door, picks it up and it's for 'The Occupier' - no hoped for treasured results' letter, no end to half my misery - another 2 days to wait and churn up inside.

I'm seeing every letter, email or ring of the phone as a possible announcement (from whom goodness only knows!) Am I sad or what?
Ambridge

Post by Ambridge »

Snowdrop, I am feeling for you.....

And by this afternoon when you are truly neurotic you will imagine that only those that have passed have received their letters and all those who were unlucky get their letters last of all - STOP IT NOW!!!! :lol:

You need to do something today which will completely occupy your mind (for at least 5 minutes at a time), shop, garden, read, listen to a play on Radio 4 - just something where you can get really immersed.

It is out of your hands (unless you wring the postman's neck) so keep busy.

Ambridge x
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Now I'm even more paranoid - those who failed are posted out last? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Are you sure it's not the other way round - those who pass are posted last, cos it's easier with less letters to post (or something like that :lol: )

My nerves really can't take this, I want to be sick!

DD's not bothered in the slightest, she casually asked last night if her results are posted tomorrow and then moved on to another topic of conversation - it's obviously only me who's bothered in this house, her dad's not even mentioned it.

OH THE AGONY OF IT ALL!!!!
Road Runner

Mel x

Post by Road Runner »

Oh Snowdrops I do feel for you. I know I shall be exactly the same when it comes to getting our results. I guess the only real way to deal wth it is to go out and stay out.

Go now go to a coffee shop drink coffee, eat cake and read trash(easier on the concentration thing) switch your phone off assuming you may have asked neighbours to call you when they see postie and do not be tempted to buy a laptop so to tune in on here whilst in coffe house.

Stay calm and if you do happen to see any post person try not to jump on them they really won't know where your post is!!

Ambridge I do hope you will be as calm in the coming weeks

Mel
xx
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Go for a swim??
A good way to burn some energy, keep busy, part with phone/laptop etc, an excuse for something calorific afterwards - I am thinking hot chocolate or cheese toastie (or both) - and keeps you out of the house for a while: assuming you don't own an indoor swimming pool!
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

I should actually be doing housework today and packing cases.

My ex hubby is dog sitting at my house whilst we're away for the week and the packing is ................... for us to be away for a week.

But I can't concentrate on any of it!!

I don't have an indoor swimming pool - but I do have a large bath, will that do? :lol: :lol:

I'd kill for cake (or even a cigarette, if I hadn't given up 7 years ago) but as for reading, no, can't concentrate for that either.

I'm just gonna have to settle for an ulcer I think :cry: :cry:
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

I have 4 big ones in my mouth - I'll give you one of mine!!
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

oooo fanks for sharing! 8) 8) 8) :lol:
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi Snowdrop!!

Last year we had to pick up the out of area N Yorks results from the education office as there was a postal strike.

The envelopes all looked EXACTLY the same size / shape / colour / thickness - regardless of the result........ and they DEFINITELY were not stacked into 2 piles ...... :wink:

so please don't read anything into anything,, and just remember pack some socks or shirts or whatever it is you usually forget - we always forget something!!!!!

HERMAN ***
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

We're going hiking around the battlefields of France (just OH and I - dd is off to Spain with a school friend).

As long as I have my maps and list of men I'm researching, I'm not that bothered about anything else :wink:

Now, about the area education offices - do you think they may leave their doors unlocked at night? :idea: :twisted: :lol:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now