What was your childs pass score?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

noddydog

What was your childs pass score?

Post by noddydog »

Ok I want to start by saying this post is not about gloating. It is purely about allowing us all to assess whether our children scored well enough to achieve specific school entry. As we all know the system changed this year and as a consequence there has been more children taking the 11+ in Kent. This means that some schools may up their entrance criteria. Also what may have been a good pass mark in previous years could (through averaging out) be less relevant under the new system.

So in a nutshell posting your child’s overall pass mark here will give us all an idea of what this year’s trends are.

Our child achieved 407. The only other mark we are aware of (at the time of posting) is the brightest child in his class who scored 420.

Thanks for posting, and again this post is not intended to do any more than inform.
kentmum1

Post by kentmum1 »

Our DS failed (this was our expectation) with a combined score of 311. However, his brother passed two years ago with a score of 407 and he is far more academic and able, so the score is usually a good indication of ability. He is now very happy at TWGSB and doing very well, in top sets, etc. I have always had a huge reservation about DS no. 2 thriving in a grammar school and this has been a very positive indicator that he is going to be better off in a non-selective.
shuff

Post by shuff »

My Ds also scored 407, V140 M 139 and NV 128. We are hoping for either Judd as first or Skinners. It is going to be a guessing game. I think you have the right idea getting as much info as possible to guage chances of getting in to schools.
Gercha

Post by Gercha »

Our ds passed with VR 140, NVR 123 and Maths 138 total score 401. This of course is a great score and am very proud of him but I did think his maths would have been 140 as it's his best subject and he found the test easy!!! Just goes to show! We were hoping for Judd as we are out of county but probably won't get in on 401. So hey, still non the wiser until March!!
kentmum1

Post by kentmum1 »

In some ways, I think I prefer the old system, when everything was 'done and dusted' in one swoop, which could certainly help those who had not passed to start thinking positively about what they had been allocated and what other friends were going to be going there, etc. With all your scores so close to the possible cut-offs, it must be agonising to now have to wait until March to find out, especially if you are out-of-county and can't rely on the other grammar choices as a second or third choice. It now seems like such a long wait!
shuff

Post by shuff »

Gercha, we are in a similar position as we are out of county and relying on scores. The head at Judd did expect the cut off scores to be lower this year because of the early test, who knows, I think I preferred the double wammy!
Gercha

Post by Gercha »

Hi Shuff

Have just told my son his scores and of course told him how proud I am of him but am completely unable to tell him which school he is likely to go to. I did ring Wilmington to see if DS's score of 401 would put him in the top 10% which would at least give us a sporting chance (seen as we are in Orpington) and the secretary of course couldn't give me any guarantees (as they themselves don't know what boys are applying and with what scores) but she did seem to think that he's "up there near that top 10%". Arrrrrrrrrr - how far is March 3rd????????
Gercha

Post by Gercha »

Hi Shuff

Have just told my son his scores and of course told him how proud I am of him but am completely unable to tell him which school he is likely to go to. I did ring Wilmington to see if DS's score of 401 would put him in the top 10% which would at least give us a sporting chance (seen as we are in Orpington) and the secretary of course couldn't give me any guarantees (as they themselves don't know what boys are applying and with what scores) but she did seem to think that he's "up there near that top 10%". Arrrrrrrrrr - how far is March 3rd????????
Gercha

Post by Gercha »

Whoops - sorry posted that dull message twice!!
wonderingmum

Post by wonderingmum »

So relieved...our DD got 420 :) Now we just have to pray she gets into our first choice school....