Thank you!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
BLANCA

Thank you!!

Post by BLANCA »

Hello all,

dd has test tomorrow and i just wanted to say thank you for all the support, help & advice you have all given me over the last year. Because of your help whatever the outcome I will feel confident that I was able to give her a fair chance at getting through

keeping fingers crossed for all november results

lol

b
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Step out boldly tomorrow morning Blanca, and help your DD to do the same as you. You have both done everything you can, and more. :D

The world does NOT end if it doesn't work out on Nov 21st. I can promise you that, if nothing else.

I wish your DD (and you) the very best of luck, and the same for all late testers.

S-A
BLANCA

Post by BLANCA »

ooooo not feeling very bold, maybe another coffee before i wake her up!

will let you know how we get on, test is first thing so not too long to worry about it.

b
patricia

Post by patricia »

And dont forget the banana...

Good Luck

Patricia
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Can I be the first to second Blanca's message? DD is currently in between tests - seems fairly relaxed about it all so hopefully that's a good sign. :? What a contrast to the beginning of the year, when just the sight of a clock and a test paper in the same room had her quaking in her boots!

Preparation has been so much easier and less stressful with all the help and support on here, so - whatever the outcome - many thanks, everyone! :)

Just off to munch a banana from the stash in the kitchen! :lol:
Marylou
Road Runner

Mel x

Post by Road Runner »

Marylou, Blanca

Just wanted to wish you my 'Forum Friends' and your wonderful DC's the very best of luck.

I won't tell you to stay calm when you know you dc are testing as I centaintly couldn't but feel free to log on here and keep talking and be as worried, tearful,mad, neurotic as you like as no doubt there are people like that popping in every day!!

Role on the 21st

Mel
xx
Greta2

Post by Greta2 »

Wow I have spent so long catching up on the highs and lows of the Kent and Bexley threads I had forgotten that others in Bucks were still taking our test!

Good luck to all those still doing it or half way through.... hopefully once it is over you and your DC's can enjoy half term!. :lol:

The join the rest of us with the waiting....
Is it just me that ends up thinking about the results at least 5 times a day and that's on a good day - it can be many many more times on a bad one! I have kept my thoughts enitrely to myself but DS2 told me yesterday he has had a recuring dream - that everyone else in his class scores over 121 except him. :cry:
Dad40

Post by Dad40 »

Greta2 wrote:Is it just me that ends up thinking about the results at least 5 times a day and that's on a good day - it can be many many more times on a bad one! I have kept my thoughts enitrely to myself but DS2 told me yesterday he has had a recuring dream - that everyone else in his class scores over 121 except him. :cry:
Crikey - is your non-grammar alternative called Newgate prison by any chance !

The 11+ process shouldn't be THAT stressful. 8)
Greta2

Post by Greta2 »

Crikey - is your non-grammar alternative called Newgate prison by any chance !
Agreed it shouldn’t be that stressful!

In fact our catchment upper school is considered good by most people and I know plenty of children there who are very happy. But DS2 hated it when he went to look around. The problem is we probably wouldn’t get any other upper school due to catchments and can’t afford the independent route where quite a few of his friends are going.

I had always considered DS2 to be pretty laid back and much less competitive than DS1 but with the build up to the 11+ and since starting Year 6 he seems to have become increasingly driven to try and be the best / get top score in his class in tests etc and he is putting more and more pressure on himself.

I am just trying to take a stance of let’s wait and see and we will deal with the situation when we know the results…. But clearly it’s on his mind!
Road Runner

Mel x

Post by Road Runner »

No Dad40 I am quite sure that Gretas alternative is not a prison.
I assume you have not gone through the process??

Greta I can relate to how you are feeling. How can we not think about it when we have spent so much time preparing for it. We can't just switch off.

Like you I am not sharing any thoughts/worries with dd. I do hope she isn't worrying although our children are children but they are also human and some more sensitive then others just like some adults are more sensitive then others.

Roll on the 21st eh

Mel
x
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now