MGGS or Weald?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

2stressed

MGGS or Weald?

Post by 2stressed »

I would be grateful for anybody's opinions on this. I always thought my DD would go to Invicta but was really disappointed when I went to see it and I did not think it would be the right place for her. Now I don't know what to do.

We are nearer to Maidstone than Tonbridge and her brother goes to school in Maidstone but should I ignore those factors and send her to Weald? Or, is a more local school better? She liked MGGS but didn't seem to be completely bowled over by it. I'm beginning to feel that passing the 11+ was the easy bit!!
Janedingdong

Post by Janedingdong »

We looked at both MGGS and Weald. Found them both very similar. So the answer for us was in the distance and ease of transport. For us MGGS was one train and a walk from the station. Weald was one train, then change to a second train and a walk from the station.

So, MGGS won purely on that basis.
Kent99

Post by Kent99 »

How far down Weald's list of priority areas do you live? I believe that they are generally oversubscribed so if you are out of their effective catchment area you don't necessarily have a choice (at least not without appealing). No harm applying there, though, if it's what you want. I know girls at both schools who all seem happy...
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now