Online applications

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Sally-Anne

Online applications

Post by Sally-Anne »

Just out of curiosity (and to wake you all up on Bucks - where are you all?), how many people:

a) applied online?

b) submitted address evidence by email?

S-A
[color=#FFFFFF][size=50]http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk[/size][/color]
bucks mum1

Post by bucks mum1 »

Hi Sally Anne

We gave our application to local primary school and they forwarded them on.

System worked OK as we've had a postcard from Bucks confirming receipt of form. School claimed a couple of people had difficulties with on-line system last year (probably user-error rather than the system itself) so encouraged us to hand them in to the school.
andyb

Post by andyb »

Me - yes to both.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

bucks mum1 wrote:School claimed a couple of people had difficulties with on-line system last year (probably user-error rather than the system itself) so encouraged us to hand them in to the school.
Yes, there were some problems last year. I believe that email notification of school allocations was a little flaky, in particular. I didn't sign up for that, because the allocation shouldn't be a problem for us, so I'm happy to wait for snail mail. Let's hope any issues have been ironed out this year though.

I applied online and also submitted address evidence online. I thought about posting the address evidence, but my main concern was whether the two items would really be reunited at the other end, and I decided that neither online nor snail mail were likely to be very different for that.

Only time will tell. In the meantime it's print and file, print and file ... :lol:

S-A
[color=#FFFFFF][size=50]http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk[/size][/color]
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

When it was our turn we hand delivered EVERYTHING - I reckoned a 'received' stamp from reception at County Hall was the only way to be 99.9% sure it got there. :lol:
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Online's great - one less day to wait! (Assuming it all works properly, that is...! :roll: )

ML
Marylou
Greta2

Post by Greta2 »

I did application online - and found my previous one for DS1 was still up there as well; that was a bit spooky!
Road Runner

Mel x

Post by Road Runner »

Hi everyone

Yes we applied on line and scanned and sent address detaisl. We got a receipt confirmation back by email.

I assume we still get our results back by post via the school??

Mel
x
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Mel

Did you just get a confirmation by email of the online application, or was there a separate email confirming the receipt of the address evidence?

Unless you opted to receive your school allocation by email whilst you were completing the online application, the letter will still come home via pupil post.

S-A
andyb

Re: Mel x

Post by andyb »

Mel X wrote:
Yes we applied on line and scanned and sent address detaisl. We got a receipt confirmation back by email.
I, too, got an almost immediate response to the online application but have have not had an acknowledgement of the address bit. Did you get an acknowledgement for both? I will be extremely upset if our choice of school is affected because the address info didn't get there - does anyone know if we would get a chaser before allocations day or just go to the bottom of the pile? I'm stressed enough as it is without having to worry whether or not our paperwork is in order.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now